DMP Yearly Review

Hiya Peeps, My yearly DMP review is nearly here. After going through my bits and pieces and I find I have a spare £200 going spare (obviously joking) can I tell Step that I am only going to put £100 towards my DMP?

Many Thanks, Carol
LBM 10/9/13 £40,571 (SCARY). NOW DECEMBER 2016 £31,805.
PROUD AND STILL SCARED BUT PLODDING.

SPC 551

Replies

• MrsTinksMrsTinks Forumite
    15.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    I would see if you can legitimately up the allowance for some of your expenses and then put any extra you get aside somewhere you won't get tempted. Both for emergencies AND to eventually make full and final payments :)

How long do you have left on your DMP? How much is outstanding and what do you pay each month?

And DO you have £200 spare each month??? If not, where is it trickling off to?
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • Morning Mrs. Tinks, Years and years left unfortunately, £31,000 and £5 a month. I have no emergency fund whatsoever so if anything goes wrong it has to come out of our wages so we are always back to stage 1.

All MSE's, Please don't take this the wrong way but how come some people with over £10,000 in savings can still only be paying their £5 and SC want to put mine up and I'm not on a huge salary - I apologise if this comes across moaning (I know it does butI was just wondering).

Thank you.
    LBM 10/9/13 £40,571 (SCARY). NOW DECEMBER 2016 £31,805.
    PROUD AND STILL SCARED BUT PLODDING.

SPC 551
  • EssexHebrideanEssexHebridean Forumite
    16.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    It sounds as though you need a review in any case. How have you been left in a position where you're not able to build a small emergency fund, for a start?

Why not do your SOA and pop it in here - might be we can see some areas you can make savings, or you'll spot some places where spending has crept up without you noticing?
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016 🎉
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    2022 "Gym Neutral Fund" - £112.67/£330 (Membership taken 24/1/22)🏋🏻♀️ 2022/23 Gym cost per use: at 20/01/23 £6.60 per visit! (50) 🏋🏻♀️
    she/her
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 this Saturday

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals