Debt I do not owe



  • I have today submitted a data access request to South East Water - what I would like now is advice with regards the debt collection company - do I write to them stating my position in that I do not believe that I am responsible for the monies owed and requesting a copy of the original bill. Once I have a copy of the bill I can then state my position with regards to court?
  • i have also just checked my credit history and this bill is not showing on there.

  • 1. this bill was dated for 2012-2013 and for a property I had moved out of in September 2011.

    2. South East Water had written to me at the first address I lived at but I do believe if I recall correctly this was not received until 2013 - I immediately contacted them with the above information and then did not hear from them -

    I Moved to Peterborough and lived in my first flat October 2011-December 2014. I then moved with my current partner to our current address.

    I first heard about this bill in 2013, I think, and at that point i had contacted South East Water to advise of the move and acknowledged at this point that i may owe money but that I would only pay up to 27/10/2011 as this was the first date that i could reasonably prove where I was living.

    The tenancy agreement was not one printed from the internet but rather one that was issued through a letting agent.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards