Forum Home » House Buying, Renting & Selling

Ground rent through a 3rd party? Simarc trying it on?

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Ground rent through a 3rd party? Simarc trying it on?

edited 24 November 2016 at 11:20AM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
7 replies 448.6K views
ben306ben306 Forumite
4 posts
edited 24 November 2016 at 11:20AM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
Hi All,

New to the forum and hoping I can get some help.

I've had an letter from a company call Simarc. Having checked the website, it doesnt look very professional.

They are apparently the collection company for my ground rent. I've been in the house 18 months and this is the 1st time I've had anything from them. The ground rent is £12 a year and they want £18 which is right for how long I've been in the property, but this company want a further £60 ground rent collection cost.

There are a few things that don't ring right for me. The number you call is just an automated thing. They dont have the correct postcode. They have attached the original letter which is actually addressed to the previous owners. They mention a Wallace Estates Ltd as being the landlord so why cant I just pay them direct?

Any help or advise appreciated.

Replies

This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support