Little by little....to be MF

Options
123457»

Comments

• Retro.Monkey90
    Options
    Hi all,

Sooo a lot has been happening in the last month (oops where did the time go?!) at home and at work. We were renovating our workshops to receive a Royal guest over the last few weeks (or months I have no idea of time) so I haven't had as much time/clean hands to update the diary. The visit went well and was an excellent day and a proud moment in my life and career. Quite surreal really!

On the mortgage front, we are but a few clicks away from getting the second mortgage. We have re-arranged the pots of money so many times it is hard to keep up but we are keeping it simple for the time being to allow everyone to settle in. It will also mean we have to extend our current term to 32 years :eek: but will obviously reduce our monthly payments - so possibly more OP to balance it out. We intend on re-mortgaging when everything has settled down and all the fixed deals are ending to reduce the term again.

Basically overall we shouldn't be worse off, we should be ok and my parents should be ok with the payments as well. Maybe we can get a wedding out of it after all?! :rotfl:

Have a good week everyone
    Retro x

PS TT £1 this morning :cool:
    Original Mortgage: £134k Sept 2044 :eek: Current Mortgage: £126k Neutral Oct 2039
    Ideal goal: TBC :cool:
    Bonus OPs made 2017: 7 total= £159.91
    Save
    Save
  • maia_evo
    Options
    Hello Retro, I've subscribed to your diary.

You are doing really well to have the mindset you have about your mortgage. Not many people I know have a clue how much they are paying in interest over the term, or that any overpayment impacts big time.

I must ask, I'm quite a newbie around here. What is a TT? Some kind of game or challenge?
    Take care of the here and now and the future will be taken care of.
  • Retro.Monkey90
    Options
    Hi Maia! Thanks for subscribing although I don't post very often! Need to get into the swing of things again :)

A TT stands for Tilly Tidy which is a method of 'cleaning' your bank balance I think first coined by Tilly (MFW in 6 YRS). So if your balance is £36.43 you TT 43p into another bank account. And then it is up to you how you OP the pot, some do it weekly but I do it monthly. And also I cheat and if it is only 1p or 2p I round up to £1.01 :D it's an easy way to make a little extra OP.

Thank you for your kind words, I sometimes feel like I am getting nowhere! But every little helps!

TT £1 this morning again :D otherwise not much else is happening. Need to get an energy switch on for when our rather jammy BG one runs out this month :( and we need to look at home insurance. £££££ :mad:

Retro x
    Save
    Original Mortgage: £134k Sept 2044 :eek: Current Mortgage: £126k Neutral Oct 2039
    Save
    Save
  • maia_evo
    Options
    Thank you for the TT explanation Retro. Great way to make it more into a game.
    Take care of the here and now and the future will be taken care of.
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    One of my bank accounts is named "Tilly tidy"!!
  • Retro.Monkey90
    Options
    Maia - the TT can become obsessive! Hence my £1.01 TT! I just use my 'savings' Tesco current account which gets 3% interest so I can pop that in the OP jar as well! But I would like to name it Tilly Tidy...Betterthanever how did you do that?!

Only 75p TT this morning, although been keeping up with them so hopefully will make my £20 target again :)

Not much else doing, still waiting for bank. We had the valuation and it was the top end of what we were expecting but now a small £19 a month laon for the sofa has held up the works! Give me strength....
    Save
    Save
  • Retro.Monkey90
    Options
    Hi all,

So a long break from updating my poor diary but I have a good excuse...we got the second mortgage :j! So relieved and overwhelmed with happiness and exhaustion!! But onwards and upwards, we have been given the 27th October for a move in date proposed by our solicitor which my parents are delighted at. We were afraid they were going to have to move in mid November when it was really dark and cold. So all good on that front, and the money should sort itself soon. We are just wating for our loans to fully be cleared - just paperwork!

I will give an updated SOA once we have our new ongoing payments from our 'new' mortgage as the first payment is always higher. It will also include our new consolidation loan which should ultimately help us to reduce our outgoings, increase bonus OPs and save for the wedding :beer:!

Finally there is light at the end of the tunnel! And we noticed our Amex cashback is almost at £200 which would be paid just in time for Christmas....that'll do nicely :T

Hope you have a great week
    Retro x
    Save
    Save
  • fiona100
    fiona100 Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oops, joining late, but subscribing for extra tricks and tips.
    Thanks Fiona
  • Retro.Monkey90
    Options
    Thanks for dropping in Fiona, although I'm sure all you will learn from me is how not to keep up with a diary :rotfl:
    Save
    Save
  • Retro.Monkey90
    Options
    Hi all,

Long absence again! Just been in a bit of lull because we are still waiting for the keys! We were meant to be in on Tuesday but hopefully we will get them tomorrow. Our new mortgage is already set up so I must get round to doing a new SOA with our new values. Still have the £75 OP set up and it is only an extra £25 a month, but the term is an extra 5 years :eek:. We have some savings though at the moment and we are going to try and increase this to build up a wedding fund and then OP after that.

No idea where I am at with my TT pot as money has been flying in and out our account, but I will tidy the tidy pot and OP that :rotfl: £1 TT today though!

Over and out x
    Save
    Save
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business