Little by little....to be MF

Options

Comments

• Retro.Monkey90
    Options
    Hi all,

Productive weekend, cleared a room of rubbish and now is our gaming room! Feels good to get rid of the cr*p we have been hoarding for 3 years! Went to the cinema, and it's good we hardly ever go because it is a small fortune to go on a weekend in the evening:eek: friends made us dinner so no spends other than the popcorn (because I was actually starving, oops).

£1 TT today and pot sitting at £11.40 for the month. Missed a couple of days but trying to keep on top of it at the weekends though. £2 every weekend amounts to between £8-£10 of a TT pot :eek: if it is a £1 TT everyday that is....

Hoping to keep things low low low this week as we are in the running to get a second mortgage shortly. :A

Hope everyone has a great week!
    Retro x
    Original Mortgage: £134k Sept 2044 :eek: Current Mortgage: £126k Neutral Oct 2039
    Ideal goal: TBC :cool:
    Bonus OPs made 2017: 7 total= £159.91
    Save
    Save
  • Retro.Monkey90
    Options
    So 6p TT today...reminds me of the title of this diary little by little...I was tempted to TT £1.06 as per a 1p TT but our balance has a lot of 5s so internal OCD didn't want to mess with that:rotfl:

Still haven't heard from solicitors so should be any day now we are H2B free. Looking at things we need to sort in the house to get ready for our engagement party, as we decided we will have one and no use in being all 'poor me' about it! Just going to be in the house and no venue so need to spruce it up and tidy up a few bits so we can fit people in!

Lovely day here in bonny Scotland so I might have to spend 75p on a lolly to cool down :cool:

Retro x
    Original Mortgage: £134k Sept 2044 :eek: Current Mortgage: £126k Neutral Oct 2039
    Save
    Save
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ice lolly/ice creams in my opinion should be classed as essentials...:rotfl:
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • Retro.Monkey90
    Options
    :rotfl:in this heat SJ you are totally correct! Well our Scottish heat, we're not used to the shiny ball in the sky!! I only spent 60p on a knock off Calypso anyway :A
    Save
    Save
  • Retro.Monkey90
    Options
    Not much doing at the moment. 30p TT this morning and still in budget with groceries so everything is just ticking along.

Need to get a car insurance quote once we have the DiP for the mortgage. Our renewal is £300 more :eek: flippin ridiculous money! So might have to hop back to DirectLine as we have home insurance with them. But don't want any credit searches in the next couples of weeks so we have to hold out - not something I am used to. I usually get a quote (or few) as soon as the renewal price is through.

Bit grey here after the delightfully sunny day we had yesterday. Always need an extra bit of motivation on grey days!

Retro x
    Save
    Save
  • Retro.Monkey90
    Options
    Morning all :)

TT £1.01 this morning ;) so total OP pot as it stands is £12.56. Again not sure if I will make the £20 mark but we can try!

Worked out that even when we are on the new mortgage (£164k) if we keep up with TT of around £20 it still cuts a year off and save £3114 of interest! I have to keep telling myself this, as the looming prospect of having a huge mortgage that we didn't intend on having so soon is bearing down on us. So must think positively!

Retro x
    Save
    Save
    Save
  • Retro.Monkey90
    Options
    Morning all,

I'm waving from our soggy land up north - I actually might have to get a canoe to get home :rotfl:

Awful weather always dampens my motivation, so I'm posting on here so it feels like I have at least achieved something with my day! TT 59p and should be all £1 a day TT from now so hoping to get to the £20 monthly target. Looking at it we only OP realistically £75 (min) to £95 (max) and we can see a very minute difference. Long term it would be great to OP £300-£400 a month when we have paid off our cars and use the £200 odd left to save for holidays/new cars/emergency fund(!) etc. At the moment if we do have spare cash it would be saved for the wedding but there isn't much of that at the moment! More like negative cash....:mad: but we should be past it sooner than we think and it is all for the best cause and improvement of our future etc etc.

Anyway, hope we don't get trench foot up here!
    Retro x
    Save
    Save
  • Retro.Monkey90
    Options
    So back to £1 TT and I think I could make it if I TT everyday until the end of the month....I think I might even cheat and TT £2 if I have to! :p

Solicitors finally happy with all paperwork and have sent the money off and preparing all the Landy Registry bits. Can't believe we are going to be the sole owners of the house. I know that sounds daft but when we set out we had a £135k-ish mortgage and that seemed HUGE and excessive. But now we will be on £164k-ish and it's not really that crippling. It is going to be difficult but not impossible. We also have a friend lodging with us for 3 months as he is an oil and gas pipeline inspector and will be up our way for a bit, so some extra £££ to add to our non-existent wedding fund (and small OP pot).

If we buy the one house we are looking at, it is not only much cheaper which would mean more flexibility in what we can do but it is also a good investment. Lots of holidaying people in the area needing a holiday house so if it all turns out to be not good, we can always turn it into a but-to-let mortgage and be done with it.

After reading all my recent posts, I feel like such an adult! :rotfl: I have never got to grips with living in suburbia with a 4 bedroom house, dog and nice cars. That might sound arrogant or entitled, but I have worked for everything I have but I somehow couldn't believe the life I had was mine as I always feel about 17 in my head! And I have been re-living some of my youth doing things I used to just to balance the 'adulting' I have been doing. Not sure if anyone else feels like this or it is just me :rotfl:

Retro x
    Save
    Save
  • Retro.Monkey90
    Options
    Hi all,

Not much to report other than my £20.90 bonus OP from my TT pot :) made my target which I am pleased about. Should hear in the next week or so about our H2B so then we can get our DiP for second mortgage. All a waiting game now....at least we have our eye on a specific property which means less house hunting!

Our lodger should be coming up this weekend as well, so hopefully a little extra ££ to help with our stretched finances :)

Retro x
    Save
    Save
  • Retro.Monkey90
    Options
    Hi all :)

There has been a few updates in the last couple of weeks, which have all amounted to not much! We are basically waiting for the Scottish Ministers security to be removed from our account with Halifax so can't go ahead with our DiP yet. Everything is in place, which means a lot of hoop jumping but we cannot jump through said hoops until the records with Halifax are updated :mad:

£1 TT today, no idea what the pot is sitting at. We have our lodger staying with us although no guarantee on how long he will stay due to cicumstances with his work.

As there is a lot of financial discussions between our family because of all the different strategies we have had to think of, my MSE brain has been fried! Trying my best to keep on top of it, but if we don't spend a small fortune on fees that's all I'm worried about. I suppose it will work itself out when we have everything in place, it is just difficult to keep wondering where we will end up financially as we have no firm figures yet.

We had our engagement party on the weekend, which was good. Too busy doing food and looking after people that we didn't enjoy it to its fullest but everyone had a great time so that's good at least. We did spend a small fortune on food as there were quite a few mouths to feed, but we did quite well in the prosecco/champagne stakes!! :rotfl: We could probably cater another party with the booze we have left over!

Anyway, a lot in the air at the moment, so I might not post as much but hope you are all doing better than me!
    Retro x
    Save
    Save
    Save
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business