TalkTalk will let me leave, but what are my options?

in TV MoneySaving
4 replies 1.8K views
JmooJmoo Forumite
201 Posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭
Another long running saga with TalkTalk means I've moved house and they're still failing to provide me with the broadband and phone and TV services I had at my old place. They're trying to force me on to another 18-month contract, but they acknowledge until they connect me I am free to leave.

My £32 a month package for the best broadband isn't a bad deal though. I will get my phone line included and for £6 more a month I can watch the basic Sky channels and some of the Entertainment channels. In terms of value, they're pretty good, but this issue is the third major issue in 12 months. Where else could I go? Could I cancel and wait for Black Friday?

Replies

• JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    19.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its normal for a new contract at the time of your move . Alternative is to pay the balance of your existing contract off .

>>but they acknowledge until they connect me I am free to leave.>> you want that in writing .
    Price up SKY Plus Net BT for the services you require .
  • scotsbobscotsbob Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Jmoo wrote: »
    My £32 a month package for the best broadband isn't a bad deal though. I will get my phone line included

I think I'm correct in saying that £32 deal also includes free landline calls all day, everyday. PLUS a mobile SIM card which gives unlimited texts, 200 minutes and half a gig of data monthly. That's a pretty good deal.

• JmooJmoo Forumite
    201 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    scotsbob wrote: »
    I think I'm correct in saying that £32 deal also includes free landline calls all day, everyday. PLUS a mobile SIM card which gives unlimited texts, 200 minutes and half a gig of data monthly. That's a pretty good deal.

I don't believe there's any minutes included in the landline deal - not that this is a concern, I've little use for it.

They did tell me I could leave any time between now and the connection date (whenever that might be, they wouldn't guarantee one) but after telling them I'd like to cancel the order they told me they'd reduce my bill to £25 for the contract. Can't really argue with that.
  • AnthornAnthorn Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Plusnet 38 Mbps Fibre £27.50p per month with free connection/activation Plus £6.99p postage for the router if you need it. Plusnet mobile for existing customers 4G/1GB data/250 mins/500 texts for £5 per month 30 days rolling contract. That's a total of £32.50p.

The only ouch I experienced when I moved was 99p per month for Caller ID/Display previously free with TalkTalk.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cyber Monday deals

Here’s what the Deals Team have spotted

MSE Deal

How to find cheap PCR tests

The rule change comes into force tomorrow

MSE Guide