netflix special offers?

in TV MoneySaving
6 replies 2.2K views
Wanting to get netflix, & wondering if

a) there's any offers on anywhere better than the 1 free month on their website

b) if it's likely to be worthwhile my waiting until black Friday or even Christmas or new year for a better deal/price

Definitely not interested in the shared / dodgy-looking deals on ebay or similar

Any help / advice appreciated, thank you

Replies

• They don't do many offers.

However if you can get hold of last weeks Radio Times there was a 1 month free subscription code saving you £7.49.
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No they dont do offers other than the 1 free month.
  • anna42hmranna42hmr Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    A few years ago you would often find 3 month codes but now that seems very rare. That said I got 6 months free last year when I bought a new TV for the lounge as they had a discount code provided with the TV. That may be their tactic now tie ins with TV manufacturers rather than codes all over the place.
    MFW # 105
    2015 Overpaid £8095 / 2016 Overpaid £6983.24 / 2017 Overpaid £3583.12 / 2018 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2019 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2020 Overpaid £2583.12

2021 Target £2000 / 1,506.82 OP as at July

Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £27,917.54
  • Bigphil1474Bigphil1474 Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I've had Netflix a while now and not had many offers - having said that it's only £6 a month for all content, which is better than Amazon TV (which is cheaper per month, but premium content costs extra), and cheaper than Now TV if you want movies and entertainment. In the past I switched between Netflix, Amazon, and Now tv when I ran out of content I wanted to watch, but got to say I've still got a pretty full watch list on Netflix. They've also started providing content in HD which is good.
  • VisionManVisionMan Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Ninepurrs wrote: »
    Wanting to get netflix, & wondering if

a) there's any offers on anywhere better than the 1 free month on their website

b) if it's likely to be worthwhile my waiting until black Friday or even Christmas or new year for a better deal/price

Definitely not interested in the shared / dodgy-looking deals on ebay or similar

Any help / advice appreciated, thank you

a) No.
    b) Again no. And if I may -
    c) Its well worth the money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Ninepurrs wrote: »
    if it's likely to be worthwhile my waiting until black Friday or even Christmas or new year for a better deal/price
    If money is so tight that you can't afford full price Netflix (£6 a month), I'd suggest you stick with Freeview..
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides