Barclaycard late fees

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
5 replies 1.9K views
dompatrickdompatrick Forumite
4 Posts
Hi,

I’m hoping someone here can give me some advice. I’ve contacted Barclaycard requesting copies of all my statements going back several years. I want to make sure I’ve never been excessively over charged for any late fees. This is the response I got -

It is only possible to view your recent transactions and the past 12 months statements online. If you have not kept copies of any previous statements which you now require information from, you will need to order a paper copy.
We can send you the 24 individual copy statements free of charge. However, beyond 24 copy statements there will be a fee of £2.00 per copy statement.

I’m expecting to pay a fee for this service, but I thought it was a maximum of £10? £2.00 per statement is going to add up! Are they just trying to dissuade me from looking at those statements?

Thanks for any help, it’s much appreciated.

Dominic

Replies

• zx81zx81 Forumite
    32.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. If you want statements, they are £2 each. If you want a SAR, it's £10.
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Do be aware that it is extremely unlikely you have been charged excessively for a good few years now. The card providers lowered their charges a long time ago (2006 I think was the OFT ruling).

So, you would be looking at charges prior to that. Not after that.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Thanks both for your replies
  • NasqueronNasqueron Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    dompatrick wrote: »
    Thanks both for your replies

DSAR is a copy of everything they hold on you so will get you all the statements but does not have to be in user friendly format - but cheaper than £2 per statement
    the concept of a United States of Europe is right.” Winston Churchill 1930
    I think that the Government are right to apply to join the European Economic Community...” -Winston Churchill 1961
    “The future of Europe if Britain were to be excluded is black indeed.”[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] - Winston Churchill 1963
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
  • Are you thinking of claiming back over credit limit/late payments fees ?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides