Climbing the Mountain

Options

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,408 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're still feeling rubbish Misty - Dolly is absolutely right about you needing to take the time out to recover properly I suspect.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You need to take the time to relax & recuperate so enjoy it.

Dxxx
    Sorry to hear you're still feeling rubbish Misty - Dolly is absolutely right about you needing to take the time out to recover properly I suspect.

Totally agree, make sure you have some 'me' time, you'll feel much better for it x
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    On the mend, though I have that after-illness depression. I know it's temporary and am trying to be easy on myself but I feel quite down and like time is slipping away. I need to get some money coming in quickly.

I spent too much time reading news articles while I was poorly and depressed myself more with events that seem to be spiraling out of control. I really wonder what sort of world will be left for our children and their children. I am going to try and stop reading any news for awhile - not to bury my head in the sand but if I don't, I think I may go down a dark hole and not come out again.

Weight loss now 11 lbs, pretty much on schedule. I haven't been walking though and yesterday only managed a very short gentle stroll. I think it will be a little while before I can go racing off again.

I hope everyone is doing well xx
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Do take it easy on yourself Misty - you're right. Gentle walks are good too - and if you've got the lovely cold, crisp, blue sky weather we have here today I should think being out in it would do you the world of good!

I tend to agree about the news stuff. I've adopted a principle of aside from what I hear on the radio, or see on the TV news, mostly just looking at the BBC newsflashes that come through on my phone. If anything grabs me as interesting I go and look, but otherwise I rather let it flow past me. The situation in the USA is not looking like sorting itself out any time soon, and I genuinely wonder if Trump is actively trying to provoke civil war. :(
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hope you feel better hun, make sure you rest and recuperate.

Big hugs xx
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    Thanks both, I managed a very unsteady 10 min walk in the sun. I'm sure people thought I was drunk, I had a few funny looks. It's going to be a while before I'm back in a routine, even getting up to make a cup of tea is exhausting me at the moment.

I know this sadness is stemming from being ill but it's very unsettling, almost like a bereavement. I'd like it to go away asap, please! :o
  • jvr
    jvr Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Misty

Sorry your feeling so low. This time of year and being drained of energy can definitely cause that. My sister has chronic fatigue and the advice I always give her is that when she does have energy to do anything she should make sure she is using it on something nice! Not on mopping the floor... you should make sure you do the same until your better :)
    Debt: £14,000 now £2169
    Emergency Fund: 1000/ £1000
    :j
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Little bursts of activity done regularly but lots of rests in between are usually a good way of building back up to full strength again, I've found. just don't push yourself too much, too fast. Be kind to yourself.
    she/her
  • Smolly
    Smolly Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Just catching up Misty - how are you feeling today? Take it easy - you seem to have done so much so quickly no wonder you're feeling a bit low. It will pass though and you'll soon be back to rocking down your list of goals for 2017. But for now - like everyone else has said - rest, rest, rest, and don't feel guilty. You need it xx
    LBM Jul 16 £26,823.83, Nov 16 £27,961.98, Dec 16 £26,977.66, Jan 17 £26,884.76
    EF #205 £0/£1000
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    Thank you all, it does cheer me up to have such nice supportive people!

Unfortunately things are not great at the moment. I don't feel any worse, the sickness is gone and I'm on the mend. Last night I was restless and going over the finances in my mind. Both of my jobs are technically self-employed so when I don't work I don't make money so resting and taking it easy aren't so easy when you know what it's doing to your bank account!

I was going over things in my head at about 2 am and had the sudden realisation that I had completely forgotten about a large annual bill coming due. I completely forgot it in the budget I made earlier - so there is no plan in place to pay for it. I tossed and turned all night trying to figure out where the money was going to come from. When I woke I was hoping it was a bad dream, but it is true and even worse, the money has already been taken out of my bank account while I was sick so I need to raise around £400 in the next couple of weeks to pay other essential bills. I'm not well enough to do any extra work and am struggling with the basic hours so the only thing I can think of is trying to sell things on evilbay, though I'm not sure I have that value of things left to sell. To get the money in time it's likely that I will have to let them go below what they would normally sell for. I'm trying to look at it logically and figure out how to get the money without panicking or beating myself up for forgetting but I feel like such an idiot. There is no backup plan, no one to borrow money from and even if I could I don't want to go down that road ever again. I want to go back to bed. :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure