PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Stocking up

what does everyone stock up with for winter time, just doing online shop and wanted to get some bits to put away/ store so dont have to worry so much as months go on, my money also drops to smp this month so every little will help:rotfl:

Comments

• MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Free blackberries from the field :) freeze some, make some into jam and eat some straighaway ;)
    I start gathering veg in the garden and at the local market - chop and freeze, or make into soups and freeze in portion sizes ready to be microwaved on cold days.
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I keep plenty of dried milk, rice, pasta, dried beans, lentils, tinned veg, particularly tomatoes, peas, mushrooms and corn. I bake quite a bit so always have stock of flour, marg and lard plus flour and yeast for my bm. you may like to have tins of soup in for emergencies, or else make some and freeze a few portions.

when I lived way out in the wilds I used to freezer butter, bacon, sausages, cheese (grated and then used for cooking) as well as milk and bread.

what you want to keep in stock depends on how you eat so I suggest you write down a few of your usual meals, list what you need to make them, and then stock up on those things. I keep a stock of breakfast cereals and preserves and sauces too. ;)

Edited to say I try to buy these extras when they are on offer!
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family