Is it too late to sell a house in Northern Ireland???

Options

Comments

• leftieM
    leftieM Posts: 2,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It'll take time for the reality on the ground to make it to the newspaper pages. Unfortunately we don't have an independent database of house prices so we have to rely on EAs, mortgage companies and surveyors to compile the data and they all fall into the 'vested interest' category. Then you get the Bel Tel firing a few stats at us and we're completely bamboozled.
    Stercus accidit
  • championmongo1
    Options
    Dropping the price to £149,950 seems to have generated more interest. Friday's viewer has booked a second viewing tonight, Saturdays viewer is very interested but wants to wait untill next weekend when her dad is over from England before deciding anything and I have another couple booked in for tomorrow night!

In reply to NAR-thanks for your optimism but if I got one good offer I would just take it rather than risk upsetting the potential buyers. This is because as leftieM has pointed out I would still be making a profit albeit a minimal one.

I'm not getting excited just yet but I am certainly more hopeful! Anyway I will keep you all posted! Fingers crossed as it is puting a real strain on my relationship as we are constantly counting the pennies and are so far away from each other.
  • leftieM
    Options
    Don't be surprised if you get offers below your asking price. That's standard practice at the moment, so I'm told.
    Stercus accidit
  • championmongo1
    Options
    Nothing suprises me anymore...
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,071 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Today's Belfast Tele is reporting optimistic news (yet again)

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/homefinder/article3091024.ece
  • leftieM
    Options
    195k for a one bed apartment! Wow that's serious cash. I was told that investors are still buying apartments but, from a capital gains point of view, these are the worst performers. I wouldn't have thought you'd get much of a rental yield either.
    Stercus accidit
  • Colin_Kee
    Options
    House prices are officially falling, and like lead balloons in some areas. Some prices in the craigavon area are dropping by £20,000 + even estate Agents are advertising this in their adds in Newspapers. Obviously trying to get people buying again.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST!!:T :T :T :T
    Live, Love & Laugh A Lot!
  • leftieM
    Options
    Yup, Talksalot and his HPC pals were right all along.
    Have new figures been published? It's all rather scary. Some people made a lot of money but more have been left with massive debt and depreciating assets that won't cover it. Bankruptcy must loom for some. I know of several people who bought earlier this year and really shouldn't have because they couldn't afford to lose. They didn't even consider the repercussions. I hope they'll be alright.
    Stercus accidit
  • Girlzmum
    Options
    I wish someone would tell this to the @rsehole who has decided he wants to build a load of apartments overlooking my back garden :mad:
    Norn Iron Club member 273:beer:
  • leftieM
    Options
    Girlzmum wrote: »
    I wish someone would tell this to the @rsehole who has decided he wants to build a load of apartments overlooking my back garden :mad:

Look on the bright side - he probably won't find anyone to live in them :D .

It has been rather a blight, the number of houses that were bought as 'potential development opportunities'. Not good for neighbourhoods at all. Oh well, it ends here.
    Stercus accidit
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport