Is it too late to sell a house in Northern Ireland???

Options

Comments

• championmongo1
    Options
    You have gave me some very sound advice leftieM and it is greatly appreciated! :money: I think I will just keep it on with the same estate agent for now and then look into my options again come Hallowe'en as you suggested although I will phone them for an update to see if there is anything more I can do to the property, etc.

One note though-I can't change to interest only untill my current mortgage deal ends in January but as I'm planning on selling would interest only be better than repayment since you don't really pay off much of the capital in the first few years? :confused: Then I would just take the £2000 repayment charge out of the house sale rather than spending extra per month out of a tight budget (by not taking out a new deal). My current mortgage is 100% LTV but the LTV value will be lower come the renewal time due to the increase in the market which hopefully mean I will be eligible for the best re-mortgage deals.

I'm think I'm quite realistic and would probably accept around £160k (£5k lower than the current asking price and £7-10k below the original valuation)and take the £2k mortgage hit just to get the thing sold! Hopefully I will get lucky :beer: and get it sold and won't have to take on any more stress....
  • leftieM
    leftieM Posts: 2,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well if I were you I wouldn't bother with a new mortgage deal. You'll have to pay an arrangement fee etc which you wouldn't recoup so if you are still waiting to sell or are going through the legal process of selling then just take the interest rise and perhaps go to IO at that stage to keep your repayments low. I think you could do that without too much hassle.
    Stercus accidit
  • Francophile
    Options
    Championmongo1 You should read this post. A lot of people have found it very helpful.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=5383
    Member #7 SKI-ers Club
    Norn Ireland Club Member 215
  • championmongo1
    Options
    Firstly, thanks for that leftieM again-that sounds like a plan to me. Also thanks to Francophile-the more information I can get the better!

I have received a phone call from my estate agent who says the property market in Carrickfergus is moving again and that houses are starting to sell again. Other estate agents have said the same however they also said that most houses are listed at offers around rather than the old offers over ploy so if you get an offer within a couple of grand from a good buyer that you should seriously consider it.

Anyway here's hoping and hopefully I will be re-united with my better half soon. :beer:

Also I will keep you all informed and many many thanks to everyone for the great advice.
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,071 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    received a phone call from my estate agent who says the property market in Carrickfergus is moving again and that houses are starting to sell again.

Lets hope he is NOT stringing you along, just to keep you on his books as a sole agent??

Sceptical me!
  • championmongo1
    Options
    Hi ballyblack.

I've seen a few more 'sold' signs go up over the past few days and according to propertynews.com there are more sale agreed now as well. Has anyone else any experiences of what is happening with the East Antrim area property market at the moment?
  • championmongo1
    Options
    Still no viewings booked! Starting to think 'the market is moving again' comment was optimistic! Does anyone know of anyone managing to get their house sold?
  • championmongo1
    Options
    It's good to see that some houses are indeed selling again! Hopefully mine is next! :money:
  • leftieM
    leftieM Posts: 2,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi championmongo.
    Have you checked on Property News to see the competition yet? Look for your type of house and see what you come up with.
    Stercus accidit
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport