New job = New focus = Still a good life

Options

Comments

• Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just tracking down some fabulous diaries to follow and getting used to the new forum settings
  • Lemon_Tree
    Options
    Hi just started one. Not sure I've ever been the owner of a diary, must keep on top of it unlike the paper ones I kept as a kid
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,768 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Evening, tis like a long lost renunion in here! :j :j :D
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Lemon_Tree wrote: »
    Hi pippi, I'm making a forage back into the boards after a long rest from them. Nice to see lots of familiar names on your thread. I'm even considering breaking with my own tradition and starting a diary and seeing how i get along.

Woo hoo nice to see you on here and happy happy new diary sorry was lost in a fog of handmaidens tale and speaking to ds at a ridiculus time of night down under.

I think I'm going to enjoy your new diary I'm ramping up to have one of my own as I've got a giant list to get through by 50 :eek:

Waves to all above slept late cos of silly late call so I'm about to skidaddle.

Yesterday scored free onions from work to add to the onion mountain and some goosegogs.

We had a takeaway - shh don't tell but it was £13 and payday and officially last second job day so kind of a wee celebration although I didnt' write up the final handover due to laziitis.

So I'll try and finish that today - and no the cc hasn't shown up on the online account INOD and Beanie I'll send them on to you.

Cheery and Starnac waves hello and EH anytime me dear beer fest mid to late Nov I think but not much in the diary the now x
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I intend to sit down at lunchtime and update my own diary and then will be in touch...I'm pretty sure the Beer Fest weekend is already booked up with something but no matter - tis you, him & the hounds I'm coming to see, not the beer! :D:T

Good for you for having a celebratory takeaway too - I should think that was indeed deserved!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,578 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Takaway well deserved :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Lemon_Tree
    Options
    definitely a well deserved take away.
    I've already given up on the new forum layout and gone back to the old, been here too long to live with it lol currently i'm trying to find diaries to follow and racking my brains to put stories to names when I see some I think 'I know you ....'
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Hey LT me too on both fronts.

EH - diary open......

Beanie thank you me dear.

Well yesterday was a flurry of tattie harvesting and onion sorting (we have white rot yuck). And some more naturalistic garden design talking too.

Scored free spinach, onions and tatties from work - only the scraggy ones but that's OK.

Walked mutts and steps called in at 20.5k too tired to walk anymore!

Busy day at the garden today - so best tottle off CC still hasn't appeared on the online banking......?

Have a good one.
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Think it might be time to ring up about that Credit card Stripes. Not good that it hasn't reappeared.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Think it might be time to ring up about that Credit card Stripes. Not good that it hasn't reappeared.

It turned up today - wouldn't you just know it.

Morning lands

Yesterday was a frenzy of tattie digging and I was fair puggled when home. Pizza for tea and then slumped into a movie.

Mutts crashed too - rain was pretty torrential through the night but OK afterwards - suns oot the noo. :T

I wrote my invoice so that's done although handover not complete yet I've a few hours by for that. :rotfl: One day I'll finish I'm sure.

DD meet up on Friday night and its harvest day today.

Lunch is leftover veg and some fish which will be nice.

Contemplating a new diary to give the focus to clearing the cc's and OD's before I hit 50 next april.

I do clearly need focus as I've been working post full time for over a year now and still have the same level of OD and the cards are creeping up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business