Heinz-More beans and less watery sauce please!

Options

Comments

• The-Truth
    Options
    Jamiesmum wrote: »
    Tesco value beans aren't watery. They have much less sauce than Heinz and only 25p a tin. :)

Not the last time I tried them they weren't. I thought Tesco have stopped the Tesco Value brand now anyway to try and keep up with Aldi & Lidl?
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,618 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 27 December 2016 at 5:01PM
    Options
    The-Truth wrote: »
    Not the last time I tried them they weren't. I thought Tesco have stopped the Tesco Value brand now anyway to try and keep up with Aldi & Lidl?

Tesco value is alive.

A small range of products including baked beans still carry that name.

Others have been rebranded ie Suntrail Farms is Value under another name.

Others have been absorbed into Tesco branding, frozen value lasgane doesn't exist but Tesco frozen lasagne, same pack size, same price as value, for example does now exsist.
  • Lakeuk
    Lakeuk Posts: 1,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Surprised you only just noticed, we switched to Branston years ago as Heinz beans became too watery
  • misterbarlow
    Options
    I have noticed this too with Heinz beans...
  • Oldfatgrumpy
    Options
    We switched to Branston several years ago after doing a blind taste test at Sainsbury's and have bought them ever since.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,475 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We like heinz baked beans!

We don't like the Branston ones that a number of people seem to prefer and not liking the last own brand ones from Morrisons is explained by a comment above.

We use Tesco's or Heinz , but reckon you can tell which are Heinz (I agree that the last 4 tins of beans and sausage on offer at Tesco did seem to have watery sauce,but it helped as I warmed the beans n the oven).

I did use Aldi Corale brand, until I read a comparison article, checked and found that they have a higher sugar content then Heinz. (A huge 12% compared to 5%.)
  • The-Truth
    The-Truth Posts: 483 Forumite
    Options
    Jamiesmum wrote: »
    Tesco value beans aren't watery. They have much less sauce than Heinz and only 25p a tin. :)
    Not the last time I tried them they weren't

Well I bought a can to see instead of what I normally buy. Ok I've used half of it but they still seem as watery as ever to me!

20170103_052053.jpg
  • frugalmacdugal
    frugalmacdugal Posts: 10,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,

if sauce seems a bit watery, just stir in a squirt of tomato puree for a richer taste. och and while at it, add some chilli or curry powder to spice them up.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,475 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well I bought a can to see instead of what I normally buy. Ok I've used half of it but they still seem as watery as ever to me!

20170103_052053.jpg
    You bought the economy ones. We have the ones in a red tin.
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    All baked beans taste better warmed through with a big knob of butter, a good grind of black pepper and dare I say a dash of lea and perrins :)

Don't matter whose they are :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport