Reclaiming PPI from Halifax credit card

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
2 replies 2.3K views
LC-JPMLC-JPM Forumite
7 Posts
Almost a year ago my husband wrote to Halifax advising he believed his PPI was missold on his credit card. He received a response from Halifax who said that they were awaiting clarification of some new rules in relation to the reclaiming of PPI and would be in touch regarding his claim in due course, although advised that it could take up to a year. We chased again for a reply and have just received the same response. Does anyone know what these new rules/legislation might be as Halifax has given us no indication? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• NasqueronNasqueron Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did they mention Plevin at all?

Maybe scan the letter (delete the identifying details)?
    the concept of a United States of Europe is right.” Winston Churchill 1930
    I think that the Government are right to apply to join the European Economic Community...” -Winston Churchill 1961
    “The future of Europe if Britain were to be excluded is black indeed.”[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] - Winston Churchill 1963
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The FCA proposals are still in consultation. They issued one consultation in Nov 15 and that had to be tweaked. That is about to close and is expected to be in place around March 2017 exactly as it is proposed.

It means your complaint has not been successful as the proposed new rules only apply to rejected complaints.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals