MSE's Sky Offer

Options
First post so apologies if it's in the wrong place.

I took out the recent MSE Sky offer in August, with Sky Q Silver, box sets, sports & cinema.

The offer included a £100 pre-paid MasterCard.

I have logged in to Sky using my account details and visited sky dot com slash claim to claim my MasterCard reward, but it says "You currently have no rewards available to claim".

This lead me to ring Sky (on 03442 422 653) to enquire about my MasterCard reward. Here's what I was told...

"Because you have taken Sports & Cinema you are no longer entitled to the MasterCard reward."

Much to my shock. There was no mention of this on their website, not that I can remember. I simply checked the boxes to get the package I wanted and proceeded with the checkout. It's worth mentioning that despite taking out the full package in UHD, Sky didn't add Sports in HD and later tried to charge me more money, only for this to be later resolved with them again saying that it wasn't clear on their own website.

Back to my phone call - the Sky advisor, Andy from Technical & Billing, completely agreed with my complaint, saying:

"Sky should make it more obvious,"

"We get a lot of calls like this,"

and in response to me saying this is "false advertising", Andy went on to say

"I know what you're saying!"

So, has anybody else had this problem when trying to claim their pre-paid MasterCard?
Are MSE aware of this?
What should I do next?

Comments

• bubblegun
    bubblegun Posts: 210 Forumite
    Options
    wayne3004 wrote: »
    First post so apologies if it's in the wrong place.

I took out the recent MSE Sky offer in August, with Sky Q Silver, box sets, sports & cinema.

The offer included a £100 pre-paid MasterCard.

I have logged in to Sky using my account details and visited sky dot com slash claim to claim my MasterCard reward, but it says "You currently have no rewards available to claim".

This lead me to ring Sky (on 03442 422 653) to enquire about my MasterCard reward. Here's what I was told...

"Because you have taken Sports & Cinema you are no longer entitled to the MasterCard reward."

Much to my shock. There was no mention of this on their website, not that I can remember. I simply checked the boxes to get the package I wanted and proceeded with the checkout. It's worth mentioning that despite taking out the full package in UHD, Sky didn't add Sports in HD and later tried to charge me more money, only for this to be later resolved with them again saying that it wasn't clear on their own website.

Back to my phone call - the Sky advisor, Andy from Technical & Billing, completely agreed with my complaint, saying:

"Sky should make it more obvious,"

"We get a lot of calls like this,"

and in response to me saying this is "false advertising", Andy went on to say

"I know what you're saying!"

So, has anybody else had this problem when trying to claim their pre-paid MasterCard?
    Are MSE aware of this?
    What should I do next?

Did you contact:
    voucherhelp@moneysavingexpert.com
    about this yet?
  • wayne3004
    Options
    No but I will do. Thanks for the info.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories