The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes

Options

Comments

• Smurphington
    Smurphington Posts: 140 Forumite
    Options
    Oh greying pilgrim, I'm sorry to hear someone upset you. I know in situations like that I tend to dwell too long on it and ruminate so I hope you are unlike me in that respect. I hope you don't run into said individual again and that you can enjoy a pleasant evening with your family
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,448 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good Evening :hello:

......and while realising that someone might have a medical condition can make things easier to understand, it doesn't always make them easier to deal with on a practical level.

^^^Precisely how I feel, Cheery. As whilst i never want to be a heartless !!!!!!, ignoring the debilitating nature of a medical issue IF that is what is at play here, neither can I stand by and let my child be on the receiving end of such guff . As they grow older, and comprehend more; off colour comments and 'jokes' could do serious damage to esteem/confidence etc. Life is hard enough, without random strangers pitching in with utterly un-warranted drivel.

starnac wrote: »

Chin up my dear

Thank you starnac for confiriming that I wasn't over-reacting thinking that such an incident could have had far reaching consequences for a someone suffering PND. DH says i should have stopped the person in their tracks and not let them 'go on', but under normal circumstances, folk usually pick up that they've upset you and that you're, in fact, ignoring them....... I suppose next time (I hope there isn't one), I shall have to say something - although I'm aware that I have a small in tow, if voices were to get raised etc. It's not affected me in terms of what was said - that was just drivel, but it's upset me that it occured, the person didn't stop and that BG is beginning to pick things, words and situations up.....

I hope you don't run into said individual again and that you can enjoy a pleasant evening with your family

Smurphington - I hope it doesn't occur again. I'm narked with myself for getting caught out by the same person again. The trouble is, the person is so....... 'ordinary' - their hair colour, dress, demeanour - they are like hundreds if not thousands of people that I pass on the high street every week, month or year. I never expect them to come out with what they come out with.

******* Public Service Announcement********

I hereby declare that DH & me had Cheese on toast with beans atop for us tea!

Signed; Greying Pilgrim X :D

My appt was at a really akward time, I couldn't be bothered to make preparations before I went - and indeed, I had a swift 40winks with BG laid in the crook of my arm, as they finally dropped off to sleep for a little while...... and by the time I got back, i couldn't be bothered to start anything time-consuming nor faffy. So cheese on toast with beans fitted the bill just nicely :D And I was going to be able to put my hand on my heart and say to rtandon that I 'never gussied it up none, oh no, I never'. But me gastronaut-ometer did kick in slightly as I plated up and I saw the bottle of 'H3nders0n$ r3l1sh' on the side, so i put a splash or 2 on the melty cheese. But the beans were unadorned - promise :D

Back to lettuce and virtuous eating tomorrow :A:rotfl:

If you can call pizza virtuous............. ;)

Today i am grateful for these 3 things;

understanding

the opinions of people I value, far outweigh the opinions proffered by people that I don't even know

laughter

Ta for popping in. Appreciated,

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £0/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £73.49/215
    Non-food household spend May £16.96/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    BG is so lucky to have a parent who makes considered responses even in unexpected and inappropriate circumstances. well done you
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sending hugs to help with the after effects of a not so nice experience xoxox :grouphug:

...and loving that you did indeed add a splash or two of a little something on the simple meal!:D:D:D
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS Posts: 7,833 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 7 July 2018 at 1:27PM
    Options
    Morning Greying, so sorry to read of your difficult situation yesterday. The world is full of (using Tilly household vernacular) !!!8216;Kn@bheads!!!8217;.

Your tea last night sounded pretty darn scrummy to me.

Take care, Tilly xxxxx
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Morning :hello:

Tilly - I agree, it's just if individuals are ill, it makes it a tadge more difficult, doesn't it? I honestly hope that the individual wasn't being that obnoxious because of their own 'personality type'. that would be very sad to see. Unfortunately, words are uttered, that BG can understand, before I had time to work out that the individual was saying not very nice/not very normal comments. Had a friend or family member uttered them, I would have been very surprised and said something to them - so the fact it was a stranger has left me non-plussed.

Right, household chores today....... ugh :(:rotfl::rotfl:

The fruit bowl is starting to look a bit empty, so we might go for a bit of a pootle to see what's about on the shelves, fruit wise, but I shall be honest and say that I'm more tempted to stay out of the sun at the moment - when I can.

We certainly have enough 'for tea' tonight, so if I don't go, we'll certainly not starve.

I can't think of owt else :money: to witter on about. So I think I'll go in search of a cup of coffee.

As ever, ta for popping in.

Greying X

Bulk Fund May 0/£15

• Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Afternoon :hello:
    We went out for a pootle, but am i glad to be back inside now. The sun was really hotting up as we made our way back.

We went to the big HB that has a chilled section. I got some black grapes, some goat's cheese, apples, eggs, oranges and satsumas, long matches, garlic and some blueberries. The blue berries were 125g for 69p, produce of Spain, which i thought was quite a good price for fresh blueberries, so I got some - although we do have frozen in the freezer.

I popped over to mrA and had a look at their strawberry offering. Unfortunately, there were no Scottish berries in the £1.09 punnets. But I have to say, the berries that were £1.09 were slowly but surely turning to mush, even thought they were still in date. So I decided to have a look at the £1.29 punnets of scottish branded strawberries. The berries looked far better, but I had to dig through to find some that had any sort of aroma. But I found a punnet, and picked up some lemons, a lime and a small white cabbage (38p).

BG enjoyed some of the strawberries for lunch, and I have to say, I think that today, it was well-worth paying 20p extra. Whilst today's strawberries aren't necessarily the best we've had from mrA, they are flavoursome and ripe and I think there will be little or no wastage, so represent excellent value for money (which I consider as important as 'low' prices). So thank you to Liam Stewart, strawberry farmer of Perth :D

We also tried the mrT nectarines today. They are ripe, the stone comes easily out of the middle, but they are not the most flavoursome fruit I've ever eaten. The flesh is quite pale - not white, but sertainly not golden yellow.

Right, BG is squirming on my knee, watching an episode of the flumps, but I think they want to get back to their 'cooking' They have made a makeshift 'stove' out of their toys, and their favourite soft toy has had seemlessly endless courses of 'brekkie'......... :rotfl: I'd better get making some pizza dough.

Ta for popping in. Greatly appreciated.

Greying X

Bulk Fund May 0/£15

• Smurphington
    Smurphington Posts: 140 Forumite
    Options
    I regret going on a walk today as even with factor 50 I feel like I have been burnt . I'm attempting hm pizza today too, I don't have one of those proper pizza trays with the holes in though so hoping a trusty baking tray won't hinder the outcome too much
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,041 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Seemingly endless courses of brekkie - Mr F's dream :rotfl:

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Evening :hello:

I thought we were going to get a thunder storm this arvo - the skies clouded, it went sweaty.... but nah. The sun came back 5 minutes later, fierce as ever :( I did however, steal a snoozette of at least an hour.......BG fell asleep for longer......:D

I have paid the CC bill :D

I have completed the h/hold chores that needed attending to :D

We had YS'd mushroom pizza for tea :D

The HG tatties from the parentals were - unfortunately - a nonstarter :( They were exceptionally scabby and there were only a few. By the time they had been prepped, there would have been nothing to eat and Moira Stewart would have been presenting the 9 O'clock news! So I used up the last of some (short) rigatoni pasta that I got from HB - I think around Christmas time - and used up the last of the tomato dressing that I made on..... Tuesday? We also had the YS'd rocket from mrT - boy, was it spicy! :eek: BG munched a load of pasta and pizza :D Followed by some blueberries :D Mater and Pater had the last of the vanilla ice cream and the strawberries :D

Today I am grateful for these 3 things;

good news

good food

good times

Ta for popping in. Greatly appreciated. Always.

Greying X

Bulk Fund May 0/£15

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure