The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes

Options

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,716 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Glad you had a lovely eastery day out and that you have a favourite place in the whole world :j :j I'm sure BG will have lots of lovely happy memories there :j

Hooray for progress :j Sorry you had to get rid of some things you were saving :( But they will appear again in the world when you do need them. Hope you get your garden eventually xx
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    if not perhaps to that exact recipe.

Was I the only one who laughed at that comment?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,433 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    if not perhaps to that exact recipe.

Was I the only one who laughed at that comment?

I do talk mangled up rubbish, don't I? :o It's not like I normally follow recipes to the letter anyway. But I won't buy chi-chi ingredients, neither - and I'm afraid I regard sugar snap peas as chi-chi on our available budget (if you like sugar snaps, that is fair enough, I'm not denegrating your choice). But massaman curry is a nice curry - and I like the idea of a butternut squash version (already have a potato version), so that is kinda what I meant - retain the concept, but not slavishly follow that particular example.......... :o

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £10/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £214.28/215
    Non-food household spend April £29.23/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,539 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    :hello:

Morning GP - checking in that all is well with you!?!

xxx

We had bottom of the fridge omelettes for brunch - using up the bits & pieces we had lurking! - a few yellow sticker bits in there as well...
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,334 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope all is well in your world GP :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Silver_Queen
    Options
    Hope everything is good with you GP.
    Debt Totals July 2019::
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Another stopping in leaving well wishes

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hey GP, hoping all is well with you and yours'
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,334 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Saw you on another thread.
    Hope all is well :wave:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,433 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 16 April 2018 at 7:48PM
    Options
    Good Evening :hello:

Hey, hey, thank you so very much for all your kind wishes. Mucho, mucho appreciated.

All is well here. BG is somewhat under the weather - normal childhood coughs, splutters, snuffles - and has been awake throughout the night alot lately. I've taken night nurse duties, so I am currently a walking zombie.

I've not much to say/report really. Life has been trudling along. We're half way through April already :eek: And needless to say, waaaayyyyyy more than half way through the grocery money :eek: But, having said that, we've picked up a couple of YS things - not absolute bargains, but reasonable by my standards. We got some cornish (with sea salt) butter in M&$ for £1, when the normal price is £2.50 :eek: I got 2 pats, on the basis that £1 for any butter is good going, and i sure as hickey ain't never gonna get to try it at £2.50 a pat :eek: That is in the freezer waiting for a 'special' dish, worthy of it's sumptuousness :D I also got a 'thai green curry kit' from there for 75p. There is no way I would normally buy such over-priced, over-packaged, blink-and-you'll-miss-'em-quantities; but it had pea aubergines in it (in brine) and I have never had them before, and wanted to try them. I used mung beans to make a curry with the kit tonight. Wrong choice (the mung beans overcooked in the pressure cooker :(), but the curry was nice enough. I have no idea how much the 'proper' price for this kit is, and I wouldn't buy it, but for 75p it made tea 'easy' so it was worth it from that angle. I tried some of the 'new' roasted mushroom and red onion sausages in m&$ 'veggie' range the other week, as they were YS'd. I think they were trying too hard to emulate meat sausages (I know some people like that), the taste was OK, but a bit 'thin' and as for the 'vegetable based casings'...... um, I'm never taken a knife and fork to a prophylactic, but if I had.................................... I thought that they were always YS'd because veggies are few and far between in Greying Town, now I think I know why people aren't buying them.......

The pants weather and intermittent illness have sort of put paid to anymore developments around the homestead; although we finally snagged a good tradesperson, they quoted for a job, turned up when they said they would, were very tidy and considerate and i would employ them again. It's so nice to be able to say that. Now if we could just get the other myriad of trades that we need to perform to the same good standards.........

I tried some potato wedges from h3r0n f00ds - they were 69p for 500g, av1ko brand I think they are. They were nice - wedges that for once were lightly spiced, not covered in hot as hades chilli.

Oh, I gave in and bought the pack of 4 avocadoes (ripen at home) from mrA for £2. It's more than I wanted to pay, BUT, I have used every one of the 4 - they all ripened to perfection and have been a pleasure to eat. So at 50p each, they have ended up being 'reasonably' priced, verses cheaper avocadoes from market stalls/greengrocers etc that end up being rotten from the inside out, and you end up paying £1 each for the half an edible avocado that you have salvaged from the 3 you bought......

Don't think I've been trying out many new recipes - there is certainly nothing that sticks in my mind as 'outstanding' anyway.

Today I am grateful for these 3 things;

a tip about a free activity that BG enjoyed, despite not feeling 100%

municipal gardens and the scent of hyacinths in the sunshine

for eating 3 'frogs' today
    :D

Ta for popping in. Appreciated. Greatly.

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £10/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £214.28/215
    Non-food household spend April £29.23/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure