The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes

Options

Comments

• Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Morning :hello:

Monday morning, up and at 'em........ sorta, kinda................... :rotfl:

I've a few errands to run today. Tea will be from 'what we have' so I've that to nail down. And mischief - well, we'll try to keep outta that :D

Have a great day.

Ta for popping by.

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £10/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £214.28/215
    Non-food household spend April £29.23/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,717 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    A little bit of mischief won't do any harm ;):D

Thought you'd said you'd had fudge for tea there for a second - mmmm, fudge :D
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sounds like a lovely day out :D Glad all is well and happy :)

Have a lovely day today, I'm with you on the nicer weather :D

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,334 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Have a great week Grayling & friends :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Silver_Queen
    Options
    I thought you had fudge for tea too and got a tad excited :D
    Debt Totals July 2019::
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Thirded. I was really intrigued as to what savoury fudge might be, for a few seconds.
    I like the texture of fudge, I cannot think of how to recreate that in a savoury way, though.
    I had an unusual no meat Monday tea today. Quorn meatballs with spinach and lentil daal as the sauce. It worked a lot better than I expected. Really tasty and not a tomato in sight, just for a change.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,540 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy Easter GP!

Hope the Bunny stopped by to visit babyGP today!

:easter_ba:easter:
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,717 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Mcculloch - Norwegian brown cheese has a texture oddly reminiscent of fudge... :D

Hope all good at Greying Towers :hello:
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Morning Greying, I thought of you yesterday. I’m in Portugal at the moment and met up with a girlfriend who has set up an artisan style business selling home smoked garlic and chillies, black garlic (takes a month to make) and a rub to use on meat or vegetables. It was so lovely to see how she’s set it up -everything is grown at home (except salt ;)) and her husband has built the smoker.

Wonderful to see such creativity, talent and enthusiasm delivering beautiful products. She’s also set up a supper club and can show her products off first hand in her cooking.

What an absolute joy and with such simple products.

Hope you’ve all had a good Easter.

Best wishes Tilly xx
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Morning :hello:

Oooh, this thread has gone all pan-european :D

Cheery - is it the brown cheese that Pippi likes, and that TRG brings back from Norway sometimes?

Tilly - thank you for dropping in. How's the weather with you? Better than blighty, I hope :D I like the idea of a supper club to shop-window your own produce. Indeed, what talented, creative friends you have :D

The Easter Bunny did indeed visit the towers :DBG's face was apparently a picture when they saw their little clutch of chocolate indulgences :D We enjoyed a wonderful family day out - making the most of the spiffing sunshine - at one of my most favouritist places on earth. We're busy [STRIKE]indoctrinating[/STRIKE] encouraging BG to feel the same way about it :D I had baked a cake, so we had elevenses for once :D, spent a couple of hours enjoying ourselves and taking pictures :D and then went to a nice spot, overlooking a lake, to eat our picnic lunch.

All in all, a grand day out. Although it is interesting that the place is somewhere that I have been going for well over 40 years - and for more than 20 with DH. In that time, we always parked at a spot that was a ways off the main drag, but was free. There used to be a seasonal car parking charge on the main drag - which has now changed to an all year round charge - and frankly, it's quite steep. Needless to say, where we park has gone from being 'empty', to being full. There are MSE'rs all over the place :D

DH has been busy with DIY projects and has made progress :D We got rid of some things that I had been keeping for when I eventually get the garden of my dreams/my own. But as that is getting a dimmer and dimmer prospect, we sent the items to the scrapyard, and got £30 for our recycling trouble. Not too bad, as we 'wombled' them all in the first place, as they were being chucked away.

This week is just going to be a blur - I have my suspicions that April is going to be like that :( Alot of change, alot of new things on the agenda.

Foodwise, we've been doing ok. We had Cardboard box fish, oven chips and mushy peas for tea last night, as we'd been out and about. We had HM curry massaman butternut squash, lentil dhal and rice on Saturday night. I made the massaman paste myself, but didn't bother with the snap peas/honey/almonds. I thought the bay leaves a bit overpowering (and I like bay!), but it was an OK curry, and I would make it again - if not perhaps to that exact recipe.

Right, best get on.

Ta for popping in and chatting about what is going on in your corner of the world. Appreciated.

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £10/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £214.28/215
    Non-food household spend April £29.23/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure