edited 29 October 2016 at 7:24AM in Debt Free Diaries
3.5K replies 359.3K views

Replies

• maddiemaymaddiemay Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    So sorry Greying. xxxx
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • rtandon27rtandon27 Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh Greying - so sorry for your loss. xxx
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    19 YEARS 9 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Cheery_DaffCheery_Daff Forumite
    12K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So unfair indeed Greying, and I'm so sorry :( Thinking of you and your family and sending lots of hugs xxx
    Mortgage end date at start: Feb 2043
    Mortgage end date now: Feb 2033
  • Greying_PilgrimGreying_Pilgrim Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you.

Greying X
    'Larger than the World's chaos, is it's miracles...' - Katherine Rundell, Author.

'I am not in the pursuit of happiness, only in the discovery of joy' - Joyce Grenfell
  • UncannyScotUncannyScot Forumite
    2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, So, sorry to hear of your loss GP
    Strength to you and yours at this difficult time
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • greenbeegreenbee Forumite
    15.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sending you a hug. I'm not really up to commenting on this kind of thing yet :(
  • VerbatimVerbatim Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear your sad news Greying.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • Sorry to hear this Greying. Best wishes to you and family.
    #Frugal February : NSDs Target =16
    Started here on 07 September 2017: Total:[STRIKE] £20,521[/STRIKE] £19847
    Barclaycard: [STRIKE]£14659[/STRIKE] £14435 Oct 2017 HSBC Credit Card : [STRIKE]£3112[/STRIKE] £3012 Oct 2017
    Overdraft: [STRIKE]350[/STRIKE] £0 Oct2017 MBNA : 2400
    A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. I'm on my way!
    4.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you everyone for such generous thoughts and wishes.

I greatly appreciate that families have to face tragedy on a daily basis, and the *big c* is just but one cause of losing a loved one.

My cousin lived their life - really lived their life. Despite having various incarnations of the disease for a long time. They lived.

Life wasn't always kind to them, and they got more than their fair share of lemons, but my cousin always turned those lemons into t.h.e. sweetest lemonade and shared that lemonade freely with any, and every one, in their community.

They weren't a saint, and I'm not painting them as such. But they did good where they could, made a difference daily and mattered to more people than they could ever conceive of having connected with.

Thank you again. The love and support that you have shown will be reflected many times over towards the family in the coming days I am sure.

Greying X
    'Larger than the World's chaos, is it's miracles...' - Katherine Rundell, Author.

'I am not in the pursuit of happiness, only in the discovery of joy' - Joyce Grenfell
    4.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good Afternoon :hello:

Baby Greying and I have been out adventurising this morning, and what a nice time we had :D For the price of a bit of fuel in the car and a voluntary contribution, we've had fun, friendship and food. Not a bad combo ;):T

We've had lunch, which was all about use-ups and leftovers :D And now BG is having a snoozette and battery recharge :D

Tea is 'something' with rice. I'd put chilli on the planner, but I'm having a think about doing a new recipe that is more on the curry side of things. It's supposed to be baby-friendly, but I'm not too sure if that will mean it will be too sweet (from naturally sweet ingredients, not added sugar) for us. It would use up the other half of the BNS from last night though. Decisions. Decisions.

The house, whilst untidy and a bit dusty around the corners, is looking the best it has for quite some [STRIKE]years[/STRIKE] time, to the point where i was pondering the other day, whether we may well have a small C-mas tree in the house this year for the first time........ ever? I realise that small children and trees and decorations aren't the best bedfellows, but twinkly lights and presents under the tree are also a big part of the magic, so......

And life, really is, about the small things.

Right, well, time is whizzing, and BG's nap time will have finished before I've made hay. So best get ma tail-feather a shifting.

Ta for popping in and for your generous support. Thank you.

Greying X

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides