The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes

Comments

• Hi Beanielou :)
    I will have a look but I'm not sure if it would be applicable for me...
    I don't have an account... as such...
    I'm with Scottish (British) Gas for both Gas n Leccy and with the Pre-Pay meters I have a plastic key thingy for the Leccy and a swipe card thingy for the Gas. Each month I top these up with the amounts allocated from my budget. I basically pay for what I am going to use up front, IYKWIM so I'm not sure how a discount would work...
    Going to have a nosey on their website n see if there is owt there...
    Sorry for hi-jacking your thread GP :o
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,362
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Uncanny Scot~~ I think they just credit it to your electric account.
    Worth a shot I think.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Good Evening :hello:

Thanks for all the help and advice with regard to the smart meters. I'm happy to wait this one out :D

greenbee - I'd of loved to pass the car seat on, but had no-one to do that for :(

UncannyScot - you carry on love. Who knows, beanie may have found some help for you - I hope so.

It's totally maddening, but we've had the heating on twice already this month, and it's set to cut in automatically tonight too. DH and I could manage, but we want it to be warm enough for BG. And yes, both DH and I grew up in unheated homes, and survived. And no, we don't have the heating on and sit around in only our underpants, :D we dress practically. But we use modern technology to help as well.

I think we've achieved a nsd today :j

Tea this evening was as slated, and meets strict :money: criteria :D I made Sri Lankan Runner Bean curry, with lentil dhal out of the freezer and steamed basmati rice which was from the storecupboard. It is a nice curry, and I like it's 'light' but fresh taste. It cost very little to make too, becasue the beans were free. I think the biggest cost is a 1/3rd of a can of coconut milk, which is about 23p. I enjoy making curries that would be difficult to source in Greying Town, maybe not impossible, but certainly difficult. Makes it seem a bit more special somehow.

We ate it whilst watching episode 1 of the new 'Strike' drama on tape. Mmmm, had to look away at some bits. Gruesome. Not too sure it's as interesting as the 1st series, but will follow it. I presume that the books are better - they usually are over any adaptation for the screen.

Today I am grateful for these 3 things;

a sense of humour

help and advice - freely given

DH's hard work

Ta for popping in. Appreciated. Greatly.

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,300/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (March) -  £0/£15  (Camping TTD - £45/90)

Grocery spend March £53.44/215  Charity Blankets completed 1/24

• Good Morning :hello:

Well, we did put the heating on to thermostat controlled last night, but you could of knocked me down with a feather when DH asked to turn off the radiator in our bedroom, complaining that it had made him too hot when it was on the other night :eek: DH is a perpetually cold fish!:rotfl: Ah well, it kept BG's room at a constant temp, so it works to use the heating like that :D

Everyone slept like a log, so we're all bright-eyed and bushy tailed this morn :D

We've got to pop across to the nearby market town, I've noticed that our preferred chazzer now has their shop open on Sundays, and we've some things to take across. Not alot, but things that are taking up space, so the sooner they vacate, the sooner they can raise a bit of cash and we've even more room to move around in at the Towers :D We also need a few bits and bobs, and can get them in all the shops there - with free parking thrown in to boot, so :j:money:

Tea this evening will probably be the 'chickpea loaf' that I made last week from the Economy Gastronomy recipe. I cut it in half and popped it in the freezer, so I'll get one portion out now to defrost and pair it with some baked potatoes, probably some green french beans (gifted), carrots and anything else that needs using up - cherry tomatoes? I could probably do with a little sauce/gravy too, mmmm :think: I'll also try to make a cake to make best use of the oven. Haven't made one in a while, but will need to get more eggs.

Right, best get to it. Need to gather the chazzer collection into one place, put a brush through my hair, finish my coffee, that sorta thing.....

Ta for popping in. Appreciated.

Greying X

• beanielou
    Ambassador
    Hope you had a good Sunday :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Good Morning :hello:

We did thank you beanie :D

We dropped the stuff off at the chazzer. I was a little suprised (and yet not...) that the person running the joint looked bored (they'd not long opened), and was firmly planted at the till - despite the fact no one was actually purchasing anything, there were X number of bags that had been deposited overnight at the door to be brought into the shop (although I appreciate that they might have a policy to only pick them up with rubber gloves or something........), there were people donating left, right and centre who didn't even get a thank you...... although the upside of that is that they weren't pestered about g/aid either, so....... Unlike that shop though. They are usually on the ball helping or at least say 'thanks'. Ah well, lets hope our donations raise cash for the workers of the charity. They do a splendid job :D

I cooked some gifted beetroot - delish :D And our tea turned out well. We had the 'Spicy everyday chickpea loaf' - mmmm, think I was right about the coriander leaf, parsley or basil would have been better. I teamed it with a baked potato, gifted french beans, carrot batons, pugilese beetroot salad (made with 3 of the 4 cooked beetroot) and a cherry tomato salsa. Not sure I'll rush to make the chickpea loaf again. Not saying I'll never make it, but won't rush. There is another piece still in the freezer.

Tea this evening will be lentil salad and an omlette.

Can't think of owt else :money:so best shift-a-tail-feather outta here.

Ta for popping in.

Greying X

• Sounds like a lovely weekend. Have a lovely day x
  • Havea great day thanks for the share my fave beetroot salad is cooked and cooled with some soft sweet blue cheese (st agur or similar) and rhubarb if you have any lurking in the freezer with or without walnuts - its just delish. Linkie here.

Have a good one GP and chums.

Bit autumnal out there.
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Good Evening :hello:

Well, today has been pretty spiffing :D

I was pondering the lack of absolutely bargainacious bargains to be had in h3r0n f00ds just lately. I was going to have a moan to our dear friend mcculloch, to see if it was just our branch, or a symptom of belt-tightening all round. Anyhoo, mcculloch hasn't been on and around MSE much, lately :( so I've no one to chat to about it :( But lo and behold, I wandered into HF today, and what did I spy? inn0c3nt fruit smoothies, THESE to be precise, for 39p each, bbe Sept 17...... oof, I'll try me summar that thank you :D Especially as they were 750ml bottles and retail for £3 at a certain delivery arm of a supermercado with princely connections :whistle: :j

I've had an email from a lovely friend, who makes me laugh and think in equal measure :D

I made the tea I intended. It was a bit cold by the time we ate, but that was no real problem. I made a veggie version of Chorizo, chickpea, lentils and greens (just omitted the sausage and used smoked and ordinary paprika instead), made a carrot and orange salad from my Arto Der Haroutunian book (no link, sorry), steamed some runner beans (last of the gifted :() and teamed it all with an omlette. Delish. The lentil dish is a keeper - I used spinach instead of chard leaves. I got it from a mindfulness cookbook...... but it is originally from R1verf0rd, so that's why I've chosen their link. It was a relatively low cost dish - I suppose the oranges were probably the most luxurious ingredient, but I like that salad, it adds such a fresh 'pop' to your tea that it's worth pushing the boat out occasionally :D

Today I am grateful for these 3 things;

an understanding and supportive DH

my friends
    - they may be few, but they are brilliant, each and every one :D

new recipes that prove winners
    - not that I'm short of recipes, mind..... :rotfl:

Ta for popping by, reading and supporting me. It is appreciated.

Greying X

• beanielou
    Ambassador
    What an amzing bargain on the smoothies.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure