🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

E.on 2 year tariff withdrawn? Problems with E.on website.

Options
13»

Comments

• Jackthedog
    Jackthedog Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 24 November 2016 at 7:46PM
    Options
    It is a shame but I have been very happy with E.on over recent years and the tariffs have been competitive enough to make me stay with them

However, as I close in on the end of my current fix the two offerings they presently offer are less than inspiring in the context of what some others are offering.

I among actively researching different offers with surprisingly attractive results that are tempting even with early termination fees factored in.

Come on E.on you must do better or you really will lose a lot of people when your v19 fixed tariff ends....
  • d70cw6
    d70cw6 Posts: 784 Forumite
    Options
    i will certainly be switching if no competitive tariffs come within the next month or two.
  • Dr_Hu
    Options
    My V19 Tarriff ended a couple of weeks ago - so I've fallen into the standard - but considering the current 'other' tariff v20 would save me only about £20 I'm desperately holding on for a new decent E-On tariff as I have been with them for many, many years and like them (and their Tesco points - although without the boost these aren't as attractive now either)- plus we have a smart meter with them which I want to keep working....

E-On are bizarrely just *so* uncompetitive currently it's no wonder they are re-assessing their tariffs as they won't have any customers soon!

They really seem to have dropped the ball in last few months, and as for their 'Brand New Customers Only' brickbat last month I was beyond stunned! (In any other market gaining customers is the hardest, most expensive part, so you don't go shooting down the ones you already have!)

Hope E-On come up trumps soon as really don't want to leave.... pleeease!
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,526 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Being an old cynic, I would say that EON attracted the "wrong" sort of new customer with their many and varied offers from Winter 2014 til Spring this year -namely us serial switchers !!
    The Board have now decided they want to get shot of us -too little profit:rotfl: They only want the "loyal" (= financially unaware) mugs who will happily pay their grossly inflated standard variable charges!
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Options
    Jackthedog wrote: »
    It is a shame but I have been very happy with E.on over recent years and the tariffs have been competitive enough to make me stay with them

However, as I close in on the end of my current fix the two offerings they presently offer are less than inspiring in the context of what some others are offering.

I among actively researching different offers with surprisingly attractive results that are tempting even with early termination fees factored in.

Come on E.on you must do better or you really will lose a lit of people when your v19 fixed tariff ends....

Hello Jackthedog and glad you've been happy with our service. Sorry, though, the tariffs we currently have available aren't attracting you. As above, I don't know when the internal review of tariffs I mentioned will be done.

Our Fixed 1 Year version 19 tariff was available for sale from 22 January 16 to 9 February 16. Depending on when you started on this, you could be coming up to the Price Protection window any time after the beginning of next month. This window is open for 49 calendar days before a fixed tariff ends until 20 working days after. Provided we're told, changing supplier within this period means you'll stay on the lower prices and avoid exit fees whilst the switch goes through.

Sorry you're thinking of leaving but, if you do, make sure you take advantage of Price Protection.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    d70cw6 wrote: »
    i will certainly be switching if no competitive tariffs come within the next month or two.

Hello d70cw6 and sorry I can't offer anything more substantial than what I mentioned previously about our ongoing tariff review. Best keep an eye on our website. This is where new tariffs will appear first. Although, if you've signed up to our online Price Alert service, we'll be in touch to let you know if a new version of your tariff becomes available. This service isn't available with collective tariffs as these are standalone products and no new version will be offered.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Dr_Hu wrote: »
    My V19 Tarriff ended a couple of weeks ago - so I've fallen into the standard - but considering the current 'other' tariff v20 would save me only about £20 I'm desperately holding on for a new decent E-On tariff as I have been with them for many, many years and like them (and their Tesco points - although without the boost these aren't as attractive now either)- plus we have a smart meter with them which I want to keep working....

E-On are bizarrely just *so* uncompetitive currently it's no wonder they are re-assessing their tariffs as they won't have any customers soon!

They really seem to have dropped the ball in last few months, and as for their 'Brand New Customers Only' brickbat last month I was beyond stunned! (In any other market gaining customers is the hardest, most expensive part, so you don't go shooting down the ones you already have!)

Hope E-On come up trumps soon as really don't want to leave.... pleeease!

Hello Dr Hu and glad we've been looking after you.

With our tariffs, there's not much more I can add to my post above in reply to d70cw6. One thing, there aren't any exit fees with our Fixed 1 Year version 20. Even though you only save about £20, if you were to go on to this, you can change supplier at any time without penalty. You can also sign up for online Price Alerts and we'll let you know when a new version of the tariff becomes available. Switching between our tariffs is easy and can be done online provided you've registered with our website.

If the Tesco Clubcard points aren't as attractive as before, have you thought about swapping your Rewards for High Street Shopping Vouchers instead? They can be exchanged in blocks of 500. For each block of 500, we'll send you a £5 voucher. There's more details plus a list of retail outlets where they can be used on our website.

Hope this is of some interest Dr Hu.

Malc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport