Forum Home» UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments

Great Local Discount Leisure Card Hunt

New Post Advanced Search

UK Hols and Theatre

Please check the MSE coronavirus guides that contain all the confirmed info we have – these guides are being constantly updated:
Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights

For any specific Coronavirus related queries please post on the Coronavirus Boards on the forum:
Coronavirus Support & Help * Coronavirus Travel Help & Info

Great Local Discount Leisure Card Hunt

92 replies 45.4K views
MSE_MartinMSE_Martin MoneySaving Expert
8.3K posts
✭✭✭✭
What's it about?

Many councils offer discount cards giving local residents money off facilities in the area such as cinema and theatre tickets, use of local leisure centres, council MOTs and others.

Some cards are free, some have an annual fee. While some councils offer them to all residents in other cases you need to prove you're on a particular benefit in order to receive one.

What to do

I thought I'd tap MoneySavers' wealth of knowledge to collate a list of such leisure cards. I'll start the list with one for Runcorn and Widnes. To make it easier for other MoneySavers to skim read the thread and find one in their area please use the same format as here.

Where: Runcorn and Widnes
What's it called: Halton Leisure Card
Cost: £2
Available to: Full time Students, Over 60 years of age, Registered Blind or Deaf, Job Seekers, Income Support, Housing Benefit, Council Tax rebate, Disability Living Allowance, Incapacity Benefit, Youth Training Schemes, , Family Credit, Retired due to Ill Health, Carers Allowance, Modern Apprenticeship Courses, Foster carers
Proof required? Yes
Discounts given: Runcorn Cineworld, LA Bowl Warrington, Lowerhouse Lane MOT Depot, museums, theatres, leisure centres and others
Link to web-page if available: http://www2.halton.gov.uk/content/tourismandleisure/leisurecard?a=5441
threadbanner.gif
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Replies

This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support