IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking charge whilst car in hands of meet n greet - complications

Options

Comments

• Carthesis
    Carthesis Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, quite. Good spot.

But the point remains the same - dump the whole mess of the parking charge squarely in the lap of the meet & greet firm.

If they hadn't been using your car as a runabout while you were away, they wouldn't have incurred this charge in the McD car-park. Let them deal with the fall-out from it, and then start giving them hell about the misuse of your vehicle and the abuse of trust.
  • Carthesis
    Carthesis Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    Out of interest on this one - did you get anything back from MET or the meet'n'greet company?
  • danthemoneysavingman
    Options
    Follow-up info from me (I always think it useful to give the conclusion):

MET replied to my selected response with a somewhat confused statement about a car hire company, but it seems they are now pursuing the meet n greet company (btw, called MCP Gatwick, who were much less than helpful in this).
    So whilst it is conceivable this is not entirely over, it seems they are unlikely to continue to pursue us.

Just wish we'd acted sooner than waiting and believing the meet n greet company at face value.

Thanks all for your input.
    Let me Google that for you...
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,566 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    well done .........:j

and thank:js for letting us know ........

would you kindly consider ..

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5524754&page=6

Ralph:cool:
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    the meet n greet company (btw, called MCP Gatwick, who were much less than helpful in this).
    Did you also raise a stink with MCP as suggested, demanding to know why they were using your car to go to McD's and what compensation they are going to give you for so doing?
  • Carthesis
    Options
    I'm glad it's been sorted with MET. I hope you have gotten the appropriate assurances from them that they have now deleted your personal data as they have no need or requirement to hold it.

Please tell me you aren't going to let it lie with the car parking firm though?
  • danthemoneysavingman
    Options
    Carthesis wrote: »
    Please tell me you aren't going to let it lie with the car parking firm though?

I just don't have the energy or desire to waste any more time on this tbh! Nothing will come of it I suppose, so why bother? Share your experiences if you'd actually got any benefit from pursuing such a line elsewhere :)
    Let me Google that for you...
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 24 November 2016 at 10:09PM
    Options
    This is not good, Dan - danthemoneysavingman!

Won't take a serious money saving man like you long to bang out a strong letter to these people pointing out their poor behaviour in this matter, and lack of treating you and your property with the care you trusted them with together with a request for compensation for all the time and trouble you have been put to.

Sleep on it, then have a go at them tomorrow!
  • Carthesis
    Options
    I just don't have the energy or desire to waste any more time on this tbh! Nothing will come of it I suppose, so why bother? Share your experiences if you'd actually got any benefit from pursuing such a line elsewhere :)

That's up to you I suppose. Personally, for the effort of writing a couple of letters to head office and then potentially submitting a small claims court claim for damages and losses, I think I'd pursue it, but each to their own.

Just be thankful that it was **ONLY** a poxy PPC charge and there wasn't any damage to the car. Because then you'd have no choice but to pursue them.

I think you're crazy for letting it lie though.
  • Humphreys
    Options
    Hi, I've read through the stickies relating to challenging a private pcn and there's a lot of good stuff but also a lot to take in. I've received a charge in exactly the same circumstances as the original poster in this thread, whereby the meet 'n greet company parked the car in the Gatwick Tesco at half-past midnight until 13:30 on the day my flight landed at 13:00. I'd like to send the appeal today - is the wording in Carthesis's post of 25th October 2016 still valid or is there an update?

Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport