3x Premium Rate charges on my bill

Options
Hi,

On my EE bill I have 3x 3.50 bills for Third party - UK 700046078 which is listed as Oxygen8 Communications.

I have spoken to EE and they have said that I will need to talk to them for a refund.

I have never had any contact with this company. I have not signed up fro any premium services.

What authority do EE have to pass my funds on to them without my authority?

Comments

• babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 1,122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It;s not good. Google them and you will see what they do. It's a game type 'subscription' that they will say you have 'signed up' to even if you are unaware of it. My 82 year old mum had this on her mobile phone bill and we got it sorted by going to the phone provider and getting them to block premium rate services. If its the same as my mum they continue to bill you until you make it stop.

I can't remember the actual details of what we did last year because we had my dad in hospital seriously ill at the time so it was all a bit of a blur.
    :hello: :wave: please play nicely children !
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Send STOP to the five-digit shortcode otherwise they will continue take more money.

Make sure you complain to PhonepayPlus. Their number checker will also give contact details for the premium rate service provider.
  • metrobus
    metrobus Posts: 1,784 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Similar happened to me last year.

Phonepayplus are a complete waste of time. I explained the situation but they were totally uninterested despite it being their job to investigate.

The mobile companies do not care since they take a large chunk of your cash,when you tell them you have not given them permission to collect for 3rd party companies they rattle off BS about payforit which is a company actually owned by the big mobile companies although they do not tell you this and get very edgy if you point it out

It's a massive scam and I can not believe how it is still allowed,the mobile companies are making millions out of it and trying to make out it is nothing to do with them.

I was nearing the end of my contract but 3 mobile would not budge and charged me £27 for something I had no idea about,out of principle I ended my contract the day it lapsed and joined EE.

Best advice is text STOP to the 5 digit number and get a block on all premium rate services with EE very easy to do.Do contact phonepayplus but they will do a token taking of details but I guarantee they will do nothing.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Be careful texting STOP to any old number, as this will just confirm your number is live.
    The only number you should send STOP to is 7726, (spells SPAM).

Report.
    https://ico.org.uk/concerns/marketing/spam-texts-and-nuisance-calls/
  • jj182
    Options
    I have been charged £18 by oxygen 8. I have a number and email address given to me by EE but they are not answering the phone. Like other posters I have never even heard of this company and have no idea what this payment is for.

Really annoyed that EE are able to just take money on behalf of what is clearly a disreputable company. I have requested EE block such texts/services but I feel like this is a service that should be opt in and not opt out??

I will email them, and continue to try the phone number. How long should I wait for a response before contacting phonepayplus? Or should I just go ahead and do it straight away?

Advice and your updates much appreciated!

JJ
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    boatman wrote: »
    Be careful texting STOP to any old number, as this will just confirm your number is live.
    Send STOP to five-digit mobile shortcodes. If you fail to do this, the subscription will continue.

Do not reply to other numbers such as ordinary 07 mobile numbers or international numbers.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My mum has had problems with them too , she kept getting random texts asking questions which she ignored but apprently they bill you for recieving the text , she was charged £4-50 a time. She got Vodafone to block them havent heard if its been sucessful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure