IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Ukcps I'm so worried I don't understand all these links on here

Options

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Chrisey
    Chrisey Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I've had another letter from them rejecting my appeal, and the range refuse to give me the cctv documentation seeing me go back in because I forgot my shopping. I'm so upset, nearly over the edge, my life has changed so much this year since Bob died, they say if I want to appeal then the £100 will apply, that's so much money to me.
    They say in the letter they have ELECTRONIC access to the DVLA database and all the specific points I told them about, I.e. Bob dying, my illnesses that cause forgetfulness are irrelevant.
    Can anyone help me I'm really struggling with this I feel like I'm being kicked when down.

Chrisey wrote: »
    I'm so distraught, I wasn't well and parked in the range disabled bay, needed the loo as I have medical problems, I am diabetic and have fibromyalgia both make you forgetful, I'm nearly 62, memory problems, I forgot to put my blue badge up, I wasn't even aware I was in a parking site you have to pay in, anyway that day I wasn't well came from an appoint that was stressful at my clinic, I even forget my shopping at the range and had to go back in to get it, I left it on the tills, when I got home I noticed a parking charge stuck on my windscreen, 11.00. - 1105. The loos are way up the lift and at back of store, I could never have got there and back and shopped within 5 mins of receiving this charge. £100. Oh my where do I find that sort of money, I suffer with mental health problems and this is tipping me over the edge, I have written to the range they say this is to stop unauthorised use of their car parks (but I was a customer that day), I have written explaining to ukcps that I don't have to give the name of the driver but explained what happened. No reply. What can I do please help? Should I borrow £100 I'm devastated, my memory is awful I was being tested for dementia at one point but I'm ok, just all my meds making me confused and my illnesses making me forget things.
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    they tell lies , as a ticket was placed on the car , they cannot apply for details until 28 days , guess what , they are banned from getting info from the DVLA!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71465869&postcount=10

without this ability , they cannot continue
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Chrisey
    Options
    But what happens, will I get into trouble with courts and fines and debt collectors if I don't pay?
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    how can a PARKING company take you to court is they are not members of an ATA , and cannot offer an adjudication service .

there is no method of appeal with this company , you cannot go to the IPC , therefor whilst they are acting as a PARKING company they are snookered

do not contact them , they will hound you with threatening letters and get debt collectors onto you , but stand fast DO NOT contact them !

only and only if they are foolish enough to start court action (how?) then return.

you need to inform the range that the parking co they have hired are no longer able to LEGALLY do their job
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 27 October 2016 at 11:25PM
    Options
    I have written explaining to ukcps that I don't have to give the name of the driver but explained what happened.

Stop there. You are right, stop replying top UKCPS, you have said enough. Stop worrying about the letters. they are writing back because you gave them your address but they do not know who was driving and cannot hold a keeper liable.
    They say in the letter they have ELECTRONIC access to the DVLA database and all the specific points I told them about, I.e. Bob dying, my illnesses that cause forgetfulness are irrelevant.
    What is the date on the letter that says they 'have electronic access to data'?

I would be minded to email that letter to the DVLA and ask them what they think of UKCPS who are banned from getting data, telling a vulnerable widow that they 'can get the keeper's data':

david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk

Send him a copy of that letter and explain your position (briefly) and ask if UKCPS are allowed to lie and say they have access to DVLA data when they are banned? And ask Mr Dunford, are IPC members allowed to breach the Equality Act by harassing people who meet the definition of disability? Tell him you have not dared to complain to the IPC Trade Body because of the bad publicity about them and because they do not provide an open email address, instead expecting consumer victims to register an account with ALL their details - saying who was driver/keeper and other private information - before even complaining.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Please please please ... listen to the help you are getting ...

imagine if you had lots of ££$$££ you would not get better help if you went to solicitors ......

this forum help is best you will ever get ... there is one other forum .... but the same people who help out here post there ....

CM is most definitely on the PPC Xmas card list :rotfl:

I know it is hard to place trust in an on line forum .....

but please try

good luck

Ralph:cool:
  • Chrisey
    Options
    The date on the letter is the 25 October 2016.
  • Chrisey
    Options
    I've emailed watchdog and also David Dunford at the DVLA, I almost paid it last night as I'm getting confused.
  • Carthesis
    Carthesis Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    Don't pay it, and don't worry.

Look - this is exactly the situation companies like this live for. They *WANT* people confused. They *WANT* people scared. They don't actually *care* about you, or about the parking they're meant to be managing.

What they want - above anything and everything else - is your money.

And UKCPS, particularly, will do, write and say whatever they think will get them that money.

I know it doesn't sound like it - I mean, how could it? - but them even *TRYING* to take you to court would be almost the best thing that could happen, because they'd get laughed out, then you'd get a decent chunk of compensation out of them, then they'd effectively get put out of business.

I know it's difficult for you to see that from your position of fear and worry and ill-health, but remember, you are *JUST THE KIND OF PERSON THEY WANT, BECAUSE YOU'RE VULNERABLE, AND THEY SEE YOU AS LOW-HANGING FRUIT. EASY PREY. EASY MONEY.*

You're none of those things (well, other than vulnerable obviously). Try your best to keep calm. Try your best not to let them get to you. Try your best to tell everyone here what has happened and what has been done, and I promise you everyone here will do whatever they can to help you out. We won't *LET* you pay a penny to this deeply unpleasant, deeply immoral, deeply uncaring bunch of scumbag vermin.

Your parking event was on (around) the 9th of October, yes? That's when you got the windscreen ticket?

If that's the case, then UKCPS have until 4th December to send you a Notice to Keeper. If they haven't put something in your hands by then, then they are basically out of options and *CANNOT COME AFTER YOU*.

You just have to be able to stand firm, and let the people here support you. Which they will, I promise you. If it comes to it, I'll write the exact letter you need to write to every person involved myself for you.

If you're able, and if it's a facility they offer, I would recommend that you go and speak to your MP at one of the constituency surgeries to explain your situation to them, and ask them to get involved.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure