Mag Dailies - time for a change?

Options
2»

Comments

• cornishpasty1
    cornishpasty1 Posts: 27,908 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I presume it was me you were referring to WAG?

I'm sorry as I was unaware of what was going on in your life at that time and I apologise, I didn't mean to cause offence :o I just asked if you could update more frequently at that time as it was becoming more and more difficult for me to see what needed to be posted as I had to have front page open to check there, also the last page open (sometimes over 2 last pages) to see what had been posted there, and what doesn't help is that the mag daily sites slip comps in (not necessarily on the end) :(

Thank you for doing what you are able to do WAG, I for one appreciate it, even though you probably don't get the recognition you deserve :beer:

I hope you are feeling better and that real life gets easier for you :money:
    #StaySafe
    Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy New Year
  • bishopsgirl
    bishopsgirl Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    Options
    fire**fly wrote: »
    well, i'm gobsmacked & I hope it's ok to add
    that whoever is complaining & bought it to
    your attention that they
    should try running the thread & not be so rude!
    I for one am very grateful for all the work you do on
    the thread & looking after it & my honest opinion is
    whoever it is/they are not happy with you I
    would tell them to politely
    go :whistle:
    please keep up the great work x

Hear Hear!!!!!
    Be Lucky Everyone
  • bishopsgirl
    bishopsgirl Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    Options
    I think you do a GREAT job.
    Be Lucky Everyone
  • oliveoyl
    oliveoyl Posts: 3,377 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A mega thanks from me for the updates, I always use the first page when doing mags and rarely look at the end of the thread.

I have a suggestion for the first page if you did decide to ditch it.
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
  • OneYorkshireLass
    Options

it was becoming more and more difficult for me to see what needed to be posted as I had to have front page open to check there, also the last page open (sometimes over 2 last pages) to see what had been posted there, and what doesn't help is that the mag daily sites slip comps in (not necessarily on the end) :(

I'm genuinely befuddled by that .... having done the advents thread one year I gotta say, it ain't that difficult ... especially when you seem to be pretty proficent at comping and know how it all works.

Anyhow I don't think the intention was to have an argument, I think she just wanted to let people have the chance to take over if they thought they could keep up with the pace, but that it wasn't necessarily her choice ...
  • lottie_19
    Options
    Thanks for everything you do. I've posted a grand total of about 20 competitions and that was hard enough.
    Wins since June 2016:
    Renshaw icing bundle, Finding Dory Game, kid's book, Vitamin D supplement, Zombie book, Gluten-free hamper, £50 Bon Marche voucher, £100 Morrisons voucher, Friendship book, £3 worth of Babybel cheese, craft fair tickets, more craft tickets,chess book Lavender toiletries, tickets to concert and pack of wool.
    :j
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    you do a great job WeAreGhosts :) it's voluntary and you should never get stressed over how much time you are able to put in
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • WeAreGhosts
    WeAreGhosts Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all. I appreciate people taking the time to reply and thank me - but honestly, I don't do it to be thanked or recognised. I'm just a small cog in a large wheel ... but thanks anyway :)

I've been pondering what to say, but it's a bit difficult talking around the subject ... I'm not about to circumnavigate the 'don't discuss PMs' rule.

Anyhow it wasn't just one instance, there's been another since which racked up my paranoia. I even had a mag dailies thread-related dream a few nights ago! :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure