Blogging

191011121315»

Comments

• This is the stance I am taking, not trying too hard, just diarising my life and reviewing places we have been, things we have seen, experiences we have tried.

I have posted every day for the last 3 or 4 days now and will continue to do so whenever I have the inspiration. I have joined twitter and Instagram and am saving up for the £240 to buy the wordpress business plan as I think having my own domain will be crucial. I also like the plugins available. I do think the whole process will be a steep learning curve. I do work part time, have 4 kids under 9 and also study so hoping this can be my creative output. I understand about the money thing, the idea at the minute is just to build the blog up, get my creativeness trying to flow, learning how to write better, give information and help.
    Yes I see what you mean about clothing - I would love free clothes but doubt they do that for size 14s.
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    I think you must be on the new look forum. I have a notice at the top of my page which says, 'We've switched to the new look Forum. Click here to take a look'. I did do once but didn't like it so I switched back. Maybe that's why you can't see the link to my homepage.

Yes, build it up first, don't think about spending money until you are a year into it. You need to write, write, and write. Keep a notebook and jot down ideas for post topics.

ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • dawney101
    dawney101 Posts: 462 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    This is the stance I am taking, not trying too hard, just diarising my life and reviewing places we have been, things we have seen, experiences we have tried.

I have posted every day for the last 3 or 4 days now and will continue to do so whenever I have the inspiration. I have joined twitter and Instagram and am saving up for the £240 to buy the wordpress business plan as I think having my own domain will be crucial. I also like the plugins available. I do think the whole process will be a steep learning curve. I do work part time, have 4 kids under 9 and also study so hoping this can be my creative output. I understand about the money thing, the idea at the minute is just to build the blog up, get my creativeness trying to flow, learning how to write better, give information and help.
    Yes I see what you mean about clothing - I would love free clothes but doubt they do that for size 14s.

I pay £3.59 a month with my own domain name and I installed Wordpress onto my server myself which is pretty easy to do. (I can give instructions if you want to go in this direction)
    I linked the hosting provider I use earlier on in the thread but it says this on their website:

Fast UK Unlimited Web Hosting with cPanel or Plesk from £2.99 per month. Host unlimited websites with one account featuring unlimited SSD web space, unlimited traffic and no fixed contract.

I use cPanel I think it's the more popular hosting control panel; I've used both in the past and I prefer cPanel.
  • Reset
    Reset Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 31 January 2019 at 8:27PM
    Hi how can I get to see your blogs please am interested in the subject as looking to set up my own blog too. Hopefully it will build a supplementary income for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure