urgent sat nav help

Options
13»

Comments

• wba31
    wba31 Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    Options
    I will admit I do find it more difficult to drive in an unknown area with the constant distractions from a child. We are going away for the weekend, if purchasing a another sat nav makes it a much more enjoyable drive and holiday for both of us I really can't see what the problem is with that.

If I really had to I could manage without one, it would involve stress for both of us, me having to drive/navigate at the same time, and son being told off and having to remain quiet for most of the journey. Personally I would rather spend a few quid to avoid that, it is suppose to be a holiday not an ordeal.

Whilst I do remember maps when I was a child and could read one if forced to, most of my driving life (all of it since I had a child) there had been sat navs widely available, it is what I am used to.

There's no shame in that. I am a map nut and geography geek and love going out on my own in the mountains with nothing but a OS map, compass and eyesight to navigate by.
    HOWEVER i fully agree that if a sat nav is an option it makes driving so much less stressful. Ive recently changed cars from one with a built in sat nav, often with route not entered as i knew where i was going, but still displaying the map of where i am, for a car without a sat nav. I find it weird driving places and not being able to check the map to see if i can turn off and get a shorter route then I could in my old car... I have invested in a brodit clip for my phone in the new car as I have the Tomtom app for my phone...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure