The Agony Aunt Thread

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,605 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Becksybobbles the OP is known to start troll threads, telling different stories about himself on different occasions. I have no idea if he's really 20 stone, but you might want to take a look at his other threads before accusing people of being 'abusive'!

I though perhaps if he confines ALL his problems to the agony aunt thread then he won't need to keep starting new ones.

Incidentally I don't think anyone's been abusive just not taking him seriously. Why would you?
  • Andrew_Ryan_89
    Options
    For those who asked, we go bed at the same time because she insist on it, saying that I'll wake her up if I come to bed late, despite the fact she WILL get up anyway when she goes to use the toilet. When I try to point this out it just turns into an argument or her not talking to me.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Andrew said in his first post on this thread :-

"I just wanted to know whether I was in the wrong about something. My girlfriend and I are not the best sleepers. I have trouble falling to sleep and my girlfriend won't feel too good if she does not go to bed early. Recently I have started snoring for some reason. My girlfriend will constantly wake me up when I snore as she says it wakes her up and she can't sleep. Yesterday it got ridiculous. It felt like every 20 minutes as I was drifting off she will shake me and wake me up. This happened at least 15 times yesterday and I woke up feeling so bad."

So, Andrew how do you reconcile this point with the point in your thread of 24th September:-

"Long story short, she has a much higher sex drive than I do. Because of pressures at work, general daily stress and me naturally being fatigued most of the time, her wanting sex everyday has turned into a bit of a problem. I am not an evening person and come 22:00 and I am looking to sleep. Her on the other hand is looking for sex. I know this sounds bad but recently sex has become a bit of a chore, to a point I have difficulty remaining aroused if she doesn't "finish" quickly."

Or are there TWO Andrew Ryans posting here???
  • Person_one
    Person_one Posts: 28,884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For those who asked, we go bed at the same time because she insist on it, saying that I'll wake her up if I come to bed late, despite the fact she WILL get up anyway when she goes to use the toilet. When I try to point this out it just turns into an argument or her not talking to me.

Have you bought her some adult nappies to try?
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have read the OP's initial post 3 times, still missed the 'pregnant' bit.

I do think he should be ejected from under that bridge though. Does it do something a bit Walter Mitty or Billy Liar for you Andrew, making all these posts about your fantasy life?
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • psychopathbabble
    Options
    Robisere wrote: »
    I have read the OP's initial post 3 times, still missed the 'pregnant' bit.

I do think he should be ejected from under that bridge though. Does it do something a bit Walter Mitty or Billy Liar for you Andrew, making all these posts about your fantasy life?

It's been mentioned in his other stories... I mean, threads he has started.
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • Andrew_Ryan_89
    Options
    Okay guys, just for a bit of context, she would get up in the middle of the night to go pee even before the pregnancy. Furthermore, I'm not blaming her for doing so, I don't mention it at all. I'm just saying the same way she can't control her going to the toilet, I can't control my snoring. The same way I put up with her getting up, maybe she should find a solution to my snoring (ear plugs or sleeping through it) just as I find a solution to her getting up for various reasons instead of waking me up 10+ times a night.
  • Coinmachine
    Options
    Have you tried purchasing her some Ugg type boots from Primark?
    I'm a greenfield sight for sore eyes, and sore eyes are just needing the light, the shapes, and the shadows of the space we share, before it splits into Thin Air.
  • gabriel1980
    Options
    I also have a partner that also goes to bed early and I have to go too. I would stay up, but I like to read before I go to sleep. If I go to bed later than her, she'll already be asleep and be annoyed if I turn the light on to read. Therefore I either stay up later and then go to bed when I'm just about to fall asleep or had some beers, or go to bed at same time as her so I can read.
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    For future posters it may help...

My OH goes to bed around 10-10.30pm. I go to bed around 12.30am.

We sleep in separate rooms.

Problem solved. We have a very happy relationship.

Jx
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family