IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC Fine For Leaving Site

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 November 2016 at 7:07PM
    Options
    MagicDamo wrote: »
    They have stated that "In order to make a final decision regarding your appeal, please can you provide evidence to show you were using the facilities on site to our Appeals Department within 14 days of the date of this letter"

What if I sent a copy of the receipt stating "please find attached the copy of the receipt which proves that the driver was using the facilities on site" I paid in cash for the item so there is no name on the receipt, is it worth a try in case they cancel the charge on this evidence?

It's a catch 22 situation, they want proof and actually so do you.

Due to the fact that UKPC have a history of faking pictures you will need proof that all pictures are in fact genuine

PS: The word driver does not enter into this
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Drivers parking their vehicles and then walking off the site at Vastern Court are registered by our warden and a record of their registration numbers is made on our database.

I would say that clearly defines the fact that thier employee did not mitigate the situation

tooth brushes come to mind

similar case where they stated it was not thier jib to warn customers not to leave the site , and they lost

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=16231
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • beamerguy
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    Drivers parking their vehicles and then walking off the site at Vastern Court are registered by our warden and a record of their registration numbers is made on our database.

I would say that clearly defines the fact that thier employee did not mitigate the situation

tooth brushes come to mind

similar case where they stated it was not thier jib to warn customers not to leave the site , and they lost

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=16231

AH, you mean the wardens who fake pictures, hide behind wheelie bins, etc

UKPC do not mitigate, they are simple scammers only interested in
    ££££££££££££££'s

Shame that a company can only make a living by scamming, hope their staff understand that their wages derive from scamming.

I wonder what financial arrangement there is with the BPA and indeed the DVLA .... MAYBE the DCLG
  • MagicDamo
    Options
    I've sent the receipt to them I'll post back on here as to what happens but I am fully expecting a POPLA code! Thank you for your help.
  • MagicDamo
    Options
    Another point is that having checked the photos of evidence online, there is no evidence that I walked off site only the say so of their employee. Also they put a photo of their sign with the evidence photos, this was supposed to show their terms of parking however all of the terms are unreadable in the photo apart from the large bold lettering stating that the maximum parking duration is 2 hours.
  • bokdrol
    bokdrol Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Received the same response to my appeal for the same "offence" - The burden of proof is on them and not you, and I replied to that effect, stating that I would be looking forward to seeing their evidence at the POPLA appeal - A week later I was advised that the "ticket" had been cancelled - UKPC know they haven't got a hope in hell of being able to prove a "leaving site" charge.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    bokdrol wrote: »
    Received the same response to my appeal for the same "offence" - The burden of proof is on them and not you, and I replied to that effect, stating that I would be looking forward to seeing their evidence at the POPLA appeal - A week later I was advised that the "ticket" had been cancelled - UKPC know they haven't got a hope in hell of being able to prove a "leaving site" charge.

and if they could prove you left site , they would need to bring a toothbrush to court
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,205 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Another point is that having checked the photos of evidence online, there is no evidence that I walked off site only the say so of their employee. Also they put a photo of their sign with the evidence photos, this was supposed to show their terms of parking however all of the terms are unreadable in the photo apart from the large bold lettering stating that the maximum parking duration is 2 hours.

Already covered in Sea Creature's example POPLA appeal linked in post #10. You can plagiarise that.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • MagicDamo
    Options
    Unbelievably I have received a response from UKPC and they have cancelled my charge. I have pasted below. I would like to thank you all for your help, it is very much appreciated.

Thank you for your recent correspondence in relation to the above Parking Charge. We understand your frustration
    and appreciate the inconvenience this has caused you. It is not our intention to cause undue worry and frustration
    when enforcing our clients parking regulations.

We have investigated the appeal based on the information submitted by yourself and can confirm in this instance
    that the Parking Charge has been cancelled.

We strive to deliver a high quality service that enhances the existing quality standards insisted upon by our client
    and ensure our Wardens are stringently trained to meet these expected standards.

On behalf of ourselves and our client we apologise for any inconvenience.

Yours faithfully,

Appeals Department

UK Parking Control Limited

© UK
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Unbelievably I have received a response from UKPC and they have cancelled my charge. I have pasted below. I would like to thank you all for your help, it is very much appreciated.

Thank you for your recent correspondence in relation to the above Parking Charge. We understand your frustration
    and appreciate the inconvenience this has caused you. It is not our intention to cause undue worry and frustration
    when enforcing our clients parking regulations.

We have investigated the appeal based on the information submitted by yourself and can confirm in this instance
    that the Parking Charge has been cancelled.

We strive to deliver a high quality service that enhances the existing quality standards insisted upon by our client
    and ensure our Wardens are stringently trained to meet these expected standards.

On behalf of ourselves and our client we apologise for any inconvenience.

Yours faithfully,

Appeals Department

UK Parking Control Limited

© UK

GOOD NEWS, maybe they will now stop this "leaving car park" rubbish. CLEARLY NO PROOF but we already know that
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure