peed off

chillibum Posts: 11
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
edited 8 October 2016 at 11:22PM in MoneySaving dads
Good evening, help advice needed re bills etc. my partner and I had an amicable arrangement whilst we were together re bills etc ALL ARE IN MY NAME barring the mortgage which is joint. we have separated but still live in the same house for the sake of our daughter, recently her job has had issues whereby she has had her contract bought out and her given £18000 for it, she is on a lesser amount per hour and is refusing to pay anything as I am on more money than her even though she is living a very single life is there anything I can do as I cant afford to pay for all the bills and if I don't pay ill be the one blacklisted as a bad debtor. :(
ps we aren't married


  • Sambella
    Sambella Posts: 417
    I've helped Parliament
    Move out. Contact utility companies saying that you are no longer resident and tell them who now resides there.

    If she refuses to pay her share of the mortgage you will have to do that but if you don't she is jointly responsible for that.

    Possibly this is not practical for you if you have any debts in your sole name. You may be stuck there. Please don't ever do this again in the future.
  • Thanks Sambella, I have learned an expensive lesson. I have cancelled all debits and I have move to my mates. :T:T:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards