We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Managing teens

Options
2»

Comments

• Potternerd
    Potternerd Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you all for all of your brilliant advice I shall take it all on board and really appreciate it. Not sure he'll go for the inviting people round as he thinks me and OH deeply embarrassing though:)
  • borkid
    borkid Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Potternerd wrote: »
    Thank you all for all of your brilliant advice I shall take it all on board and really appreciate it. Not sure he'll go for the inviting people round as he thinks me and OH deeply embarrassing though:)
    They all do but the invite could be 'why don't you bring your friends into play ..... ( whatever is their latest computer game say) and I'll make sandwiches ( or whatever youngsters eat these days) . I found teenage lads had hollow legs and never refused food. You could also act the dumb mum re the game ' I was always hopeless at this, can you explain it to me please'. Then at least you would get to know his friends a little better on your turf so to speak and be very polite to them ( I'm sure you would be) so no excuse there if you wanted to invite them back..
  • ibizafan_2
    Options
    My youngest son went through a stage when he was around 15, of going down the park with his friends and drinking. He also sprayed his hair green and had an earring. I decided not to go mad about any of this and pick my battles. Luckily, he was at a very academic grammar school, and his friends were all from decent homes, and despite being in trouble at school for not working hard enough, he turned it around at the last minute. He is now 31 and a senior accountant in Australia with a lovely girlfriend and a baby daughter. I worried myself sick at times, but things often work themselves out.
  • ThomasMJacobs
    Options
    Just have faith in your son and be patient!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport