Options
2»

Comments

• tinas
    tinas Posts: 36 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,

I finally saw a deal I liked and got a phone. My family are relieved that my phone obsession is now over!

I got a P9 from o2, through carphone warehouse. £26.50, 3gb and unlimited minutes and texts. I'm sure there are better deals out there but I'm not going anywhere near Vodafone and too nervous to try companies I don't recognise. So I'm happy.

I love the camera :)

Thanks for your help
  • BadBehaviour
    Options
    Is there any bloatware like on the Samsung's?

I had a Sony M4 Aqua which comes with just 8GB of storage and it had lots of bloatware. I had an S6, which I sold, and now an S7 Edge and Samsung has cut down drastically on the bloatware.

I see people still think Samsung phones are full of bloatware... not anymore. From my experience the Sony was pretty bad with the bloatware but can't speak for the most recent models. Samsung used to be bad too but has improved a lot.

On my phone as new I had the Office suite installed and not much else that would qualify as bloatware in my opinion. I even kept that as I do use it.
  • tinas
    tinas Posts: 36 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I think it also depends on what people define as 'bloatware'. Most techy devices these days, come pre-installed with a cross section of games and apps that people might like.

A lot of people might see this as 'bloatware', but it's really just stuff to show the new user what the device capabilities are. I always go through this stuff and
    Uninstall what I don't want within a few days.

Of course, Samsung add onto the android operating system, and this is what some are referring to. But Samsung are far from alone. My phone has some, my tablet is an Acer one and that has some. At the end of the day it's down to personal choice and individual user needs :)
  • leitmotif
    leitmotif Posts: 401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 October 2016 at 5:30PM
    Options
    If it's for photographing your art work and you don't necessarily need a high-quality camera for on the go, then why not save yourself £20/month on a high-spec phone (£480 over a 24-month contract!) by going for a cheaper phone that meets your needs and buy a half-decent point-and-shoot camera for under £100?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure