Ford Credit & Dealer Tricks

Options
A word of warning regarding TC Harrison Ford dealerships. Pay very close attention to the mileage on your contracts. I was duped by the Huntingdon branch into signing up for a 2 yr deal for 6000 mile per annum,despite emailing them to to request 10,000 miles. On the day of collection excitement was high so I assumed the paperwork was all in order as per the emails I had sent to the salesperson. I was sucked in by low monthly repayments, but the reason they were low was the salesman used minimum mileage contracts instead of what I asked for.
I am now facing more than £1000 bill and neither the dealership nor Ford credit will do anything about it.
Read the paperwork carefully,dont trust car salesmen, & use a dealership who values customers as clearly TC Harrison do not.

Comments

• Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes be careful with all dealers and be careful to read Ts and Cs and don't blame others when you don't read them properly.
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So you signed a contract which had your mileage limit on... but you're not to blame?

Also how much was your excess charge per mile?
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • Rain_Shadow
    Options
    Dano72 wrote: »
    A word of warning regarding TC Harrison Ford dealerships. Pay very close attention to the mileage on your contracts. I was duped by the Huntingdon branch into signing up for a 2 yr deal for 6000 mile per annum,despite emailing them to to request 10,000 miles. On the day of collection excitement was high so I assumed the paperwork was all in order as per the emails I had sent to the salesperson. I was sucked in by low monthly repayments, but the reason they were low was the salesman used minimum mileage contracts instead of what I asked for.
    I am now facing more than £1000 bill and neither the dealership nor Ford credit will do anything about it.
    Read the paperwork carefully,dont trust car salesmen, & use a dealership who values customers as clearly TC Harrison do not.

Is that for the excess mileage. Or is it after you have deducted the additional monthly payments you would have made if you had had a 10,000m pa contract?
    You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't pick your friend's nose.
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is that for the excess mileage. Or is it after you have deducted the additional monthly payments you would have made if you had had a 10,000m pa contract?

Based on the OP he has done 22,000 miles (at least) over the 2 years
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • Rain_Shadow
    Options
    Oakdene wrote: »
    Based on the OP he has done 22,000 miles (at least) over the 2 years

My question is still relevant, although I think I know the answer. It's all very well to say I have £1000 bill for doing 10000 excess miles but the real comparison is with 24 x the additional monthly payment for a 10k mile pa contract plus 2000 excess miles. assuming your estimate of mileage is correct.
    You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't pick your friend's nose.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,477 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Pcp or lease?
  • Dano72
    Options
    It was lease purchase. The contract mileage stated 6000 miles per annum. The actual mileage covered was 24,000 miles over the 2 year contract. I blame myself for not double checking the contract as I was caught up in the excitement of a new car. Where I DO blame the dealership is I have proof I requested the additional mileage yet they refused to acknowledge this & brush it under the carpet. I offered to pay an excess 4000 which had the dealer done as instructed, would cover the extra miles i ran over, but to deny acknowledgement of my instruction when its in black & white shows no regard for the customer. TC Harrison......0/10 for customer service.
    Looking at other forums I am not the only one to be penalised by their tricks.
  • verityboo
    verityboo Posts: 1,017 Forumite
    edited 27 September 2016 at 2:39PM
    Options
    It was lease purchase. The contract mileage stated 6000 miles per annum. The actual mileage covered was 24,000 miles over the 2 year contract. I blame myself for not double checking the contract as I was caught up in the excitement of a new car. Where I DO blame the dealership is I have proof I requested the additional mileage yet they refused to acknowledge this & brush it under the carpet. I offered to pay an excess 4000 which had the dealer done as instructed, would cover the extra miles i ran over, but to deny acknowledgement of my instruction when its in black & white shows no regard for the customer. TC Harrison......0/10 for customer service.
    Looking at other forums I am not the only one to be penalised by their tricks.
    But if you offer to pay for only 4000 excess miles you should also pay the extra to take into account the lower monthly bills you have had because of their error.

As has been mentioned by others your monthly bills would have been more if the extra miles had been added as you requested but you don't seem to want to acknowledge that

I bet there isn't much difference between what you are being asked to pay as things stand and what the overall extra cost would have been if you had paid extra each month but with only an extra 4000 miles to pay?
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    How much was your 6000 miles lease?
    How much would 10000 miles lease have been?
    How much is the 12000 excess miles being charged at?

If the 8000 of the 12000 excess comes to more than the lease cost differences then you might have a complaint; if not then you don't. :)
  • Bonfire_Bride
    Options
    To be honest, dealerships are strictly governed by FCA laws now... If you did not get notification that this had been amended, then you really should have followed it up before signing the documents.

Is there an option for you to have the deal unwound and repropped with the correct mileage per annum? I'm sure the dealership could accomodate this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure