PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 27 September 2016

nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 27 September 2016 at 6:36AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Tuesday 27 September 2016

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need them x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Now light, dry underfoot, air is chilly again this morning.

DH up and gone to work stupid early. DS1 now getting ready for work. DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly as he has college today.

Dinner last night was smoked sausage and mushroom pasta with a creme fraiche sauce, lovely all eaten and enjoyed. Tonight we're having fish, either battered or steamed, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg.

Yesterday work was very slow to start then it became busy and rather manic for a while, we did manage to then get the waiting time back down, but with limited resources and not really enough staff - we can only do what we can do. We had a lot of people that saw the queue and waiting time and left saying they will come back today - we'll see how today goes!

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• Morning all

Thanks for the thread NMLC, hugs to all those in need.

I'm off to work soon, my L&M is still asleep.

We all received an email at work yesterday, it was a list of how much staff are charged for using the facilities in my room. The information on it was mostly incorrect and nonsensical so I spent a lot of the day explaining to staff that:-

1) Yes I know the list doesn't make sense.

2) No I don't know how you are supposed to work out your budget when you are given the wrong information.

3) No I didn't produce the list, if I had I would have had it checked for errors and done it correctly.

4) Yes I have told the person responsible that the list is incorrect.

5) No they didn't take any notice of me, I have just been shouted down as I'm an idiot who knows nothing.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Good morning everyone :wave:

It's threatening to be a nice day today after yesterday's torrential rain. I had to go out to the car and got absolutely drenched. Hubby has just left for work and the girls are getting their breakfast. I'm on my second cup of tea and in a great mood.

I went for my therapy yesterday after a 2 week break and got loads out of it. I have quite a bit of homework to do which I will crack on with once the girls have gone to school. I will be going out every week with my lovely CMHT lady to get my confidence up as well and for once the thought doesn't fill me with dread.

My low carbing diet is going really really well and I am losing lots of weight which makes me happy. I feel a lot better as well now my blood sugars aren't so ridiculously high.

I will make a cooked breakfast later on and then I will be having 'posh' sausages, loads of veg and a bit of gravy for dinner. The family will be having sausage and bean hotpot and broccoli. I also plan to tidy through and catch up on a bit of washing from the weekend. I am not expecting any visitors today so I will be keeping myself busy.

Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • Morning All

Wet out there this morning, I think it is to clear up later. Yesterday was ok, got loads of washing nearly dry, just finished it off in my new sooper dooper TD, the one I returned was a simple on/off with a dial timer - this new one has loads of buttons and is all digital!

Took a pile of possessions to friend yesterday that I was storing in the conservatory and had a lovely lunch and chat, she seems to be much happier in her new house.

Builder arrived to go over some of the kitchen works, just waiting for him to have time to do it now. He is going over to DDs today to put up some towel rails, a bathroom cabinet and curtain pole over the front door - I turned up the curtains for her last night so she should be cosier for the winter.

Off to work soon, that long weekend went quite quickly! Hope you're all well. Have a good day, take care.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all,

No rain here but a bit overcast and cold, off to work for me I think it will be quiet as the weather is not very nice.

Something mince based for dinner I fancy a spag bol not had that for a while.

DD had her interview today at 3.30 so fingers crossed, she has to do a presentation on 'healthy relationships' which she has got ready on a power point.

Will wash some work t-shirts tonight too as I don't have enough for the long week, need to have a sort out in the lounge ready for the men to come tomorrow for the log burner.

Right better get on have good days all xx
  • Thanks for the new thread nmlc.
    Hugs and positivity to those who need them; love and light for those in a dark place - keep going!

OH has consultants appt today (after 5 cancellations hurrah!) - I'm off to the balance clinic (urk) for testing testing 1 2 3 - not looking forward to it esp as sinuses are well-stuffed up (I know - poor me). Still - moving on with health issues and all that - grateful the service is there.

Heating fettling went well, we now have a functioning radiator in all rooms - yay - and everything should work more efficiently now. Test run and system balancing left the house all toasty yesterday even after a short run.

Rounding up all the tinned food for a see-what-you've-got session. Going to inspect the little freezer in the cellar to see what's in there - I want to make it into my ingredient stash - and rotate any HM cooked meals for the week into my kitchen fridge freezer.

I need to keep one drawer for bread. I went through a spell of splitting a sliced loaf into thirds - and just taking it out it a bit at a time. Need to go back to that to save waste and stop living on endless toast!

Hope everyone has a grand day - and that we all get what we need to get done, sorted!
    2022 | Back to the fold - need a Money Saving mojo reboot!

Grocery Challenge JAN 2022 £200/£185.00 left!
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,873 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning! Thanks for starting us off nmlc x

Hester - how frustrating for you all, sending hugs xx
    Dumpling - great to hear you sounding so happy :) x

I am not going to the gym this morning as had a late night and the visit has arrived. Feeling a bit delicate tbh, gets worse every month :(

The Chairman and new Treasurer of the charity will be in the office today, so I have made an effort and am wearing my fave Seasa!t jumper. Unfortunately it pils really badly - anyone know how to stop it? I just pick off the bobbles but it's never ending.....

Washing to put out shortly then I have a few errands to run today before/after work, then home to cook Mexican chicken SW style for tea.

Hope you all have a great day x
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • dumpling wrote: »
    Good morning everyone :wave:
    I went for my therapy yesterday after a 2 week break and got loads out of it. I have quite a bit of homework to do which I will crack on with once the girls have gone to school. I will be going out every week with my lovely CMHT lady to get my confidence up as well and for once the thought doesn't fill me with dread.

My low carbing diet is going really really well and I am losing lots of weight which makes me happy. I feel a lot better as well now my blood sugars aren't so ridiculously high.

Congratulations dumpling - and thank you so much for sharing this - you're inspiring me to look forward (and get up off my !!! lol) - positive stuff is contagious!! xx

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

Bright and dry here, need to wash the bedding today so hopefully it will stay that way.

Our plans changed somewhat yesterday as had a text in the morning from DB saying that my ex and his son wanted to visit my Mum in the afternoon, for loads of reasons won't go into it would have been awkward if we were there too so agreed that we would stay away. Spoke to brother in the evening saying that he had a phone call to say that they had gone to wrong hospital so hadn't visited, this despite being told correct ward / hospital! So Mum didn't have any afternoon visitors and I missed seeing, gggrr :mad:
    Told brother we are going today no matter what and ex had better make arrangements around us next time, his son especially is a selfish so and so, was the cause of numerous problems between us when we were together and have no doubt was the reason for the quickly arranged visit, well tough!

Anyways, that's off my chest :D we will spend the afternoon with her today after popping to the bungalow first for the bits she wants. Still no news in when she can come home, apparently there was a big planning meeting yesterday and it was established that there is a shortage of carers in her area, she is on a fast track system, it just doesn't seem that fast when every day counts.

Sorry for such a moaning post.

Good for you on the weight loss Dumpling you certainly sound very positive about it all :)

Have a good day everyone, take care folks x
  • Coxy11 wrote: »
    The Chairman and new Treasurer of the charity will be in the office today, so I have made an effort and am wearing my fave Seasa!t jumper. Unfortunately it pils really badly - anyone know how to stop it? I just pick off the bobbles but it's never ending.....

Coxy, I bought a pack of those prickly no-clips required hair rollers from the Poundshop. If you pull the bobbly bit taut, then gently brush over the bobbles with the roller, they catch them a treat (but please do a test area first!!). I find the bobbling worse where my arms brush against my sides (ie the inside of my arm and cuff/the outside of each side of the jumper). So annoying!!

• Morning all
    Dumpling have a great day
    Lainey T sorry you missed your visit hope that you can find some carers soon x
    Right need to get myself sorted as off to Jersey in a bit with mum to see some family just got carry on as will be back at the weekend .
    Hope you all have a great week whatever you are doing x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport