Water bill advice - bill arrived late!

Hi Guys,

A bit of advice needed really.

Its probably me worrying over nothing, bit its always good to check!

I received my first water bill for my flat on Saturday (24th) (the first one, not a reminder to pay or anything)

It said in big letters to pay the water bill by 22nd September. Obviously the postie either delivered to the wrong address initially or it got a bit delayed in the post.

I paid this promptly on the day I received the bill and then sent an email to Southern Water letting them know and kindly asking them to email me the bills if they cant get my address correct!

Would this affect my credit score or anything like that? My flatmate hasn't got a very good one at all and ive made a point of being completely financially separate from her (I pay all bills and she transfers her half of the money every month)

I don't want mine to suffer due to one company (or one postman's) incompetence!

Advice appreciated :)

Rob

Comments

• Dipak
    Dipak Posts: 212
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hi Rob, no you should be fine as usually you'll get final demand letters and they'll say if your credit score will be impacted. As you have not mentioned these in your post i have assumed you haven't received these.

As you've paid it you'll be fine. Possible suggestion would be to setup a standing order or direct debit to avoid future problems but that's up to you.

Cheers,
    D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family