PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Does anyone have a wool duvet?

Options

Comments

• ariarnia
    ariarnia Posts: 4,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    gran3 wrote: »
    I have a cashmere duvet, not as flash as it sounds, lol, but bought it from Tesco direct after using one at my son's house. Very light, warm but not too heavy and hot and great in the summer. Lightweight but cool. It wasn't anymore than you'd spend on a non synthetic one. Great buy. Just another option to consider.

One of these?

http://www.tesco.com/direct/kings-queens-cashmere-indulgence-duvet-105-tog/425-0926.prd?source=others

It would be interesting to know how it ages.

I know cashmere isn't recommended for pure wool duvets because it's a flat fibre (soft but not insulating), so I guess the % of cashmere isn't very high and it's mostly high quality polyester.
    Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you. Anne Lamott

It's amazing how those with a can-do attitude and willingness to 'pitch in and work' get all the luck, isn't it?

Please consider buying some pet food and giving it to your local food bank collection or animal charity. Animals aren't to blame for the cost of living crisis.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,036 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    SuzieSue wrote: »
    In case anyone is interested, I have just bought the following from The Wool Room (thanks again Kittie):

http://www.thewoolroom.com/product/deluxe-wool-duvet-all-season/

I managed to get an extra 10% off by using MYVIP4LIFE.

Following your comment I ordered a wool pillow which arrived yesterday. It's just brilliant!

I've been struggling with pillows for a while now, never finding any which fits my neck, preferred sleeping position or temperature needs. In fact one pillow I had (well known brand beginning with Te) actually hurt my ears as it created a kind of suction on them.

One night with the wool pillow has been bliss. I've now ordered two more, one will taken to my Mum's house for when I stay overnight as her pillows on the spare bed is just horrid.

Thanks for posting about the woolroom. Now I can sleep better.
  • missbiggles1
    missbiggles1 Posts: 17,481 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ariarnia wrote: »
    One of these?

http://www.tesco.com/direct/kings-queens-cashmere-indulgence-duvet-105-tog/425-0926.prd?source=others

It would be interesting to know how it ages.

I know cashmere isn't recommended for pure wool duvets because it's a flat fibre (soft but not insulating), so I guess the % of cashmere isn't very high and it's mostly high quality polyester.

3% cashmere - can that small amount really make much difference or is it just a marketing ruse?
  • Nomoonatall
    Options
    Thanks all, I'm going to buy wool bedding now. I've admitted defeat...I'm a lady of a certain age that sweats like a beast. I turn the pillow over at least 1000 times a night, I'm not exaggerating.

It'd better work! I know who to blame, if not!
  • coastace
    Options
    I have spent at a lot of time over the last few weeks researching which wool duvet to buy & where to get it from. After great info from everyone on this forum I decided to go for a Baavet duvet.

I've ordered mine from this site that has a 15% sale on Baavet bedding in October, and delivery was free as well :) celticsustainables.co.uk/baavet-wool-duvets/
  • FrugalinShropshire
    Options
    We have a 4.5 tog Devon Duvet and it is fab. We have a patchwork quilt on top if it gets too cold, but as we sleep with the window open all year we are really toasty (no heating in bedroom either!)
    Now Mrs FrugalinShropshire:T Proud to be mortgage and debt free:j
  • Nomoonatall
    Nomoonatall Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    edited 10 October 2016 at 4:14PM
    Options
    Really tempted to get a wool duvet now.

I have a feather duvet for Winter, but I get too hot....being a lady of a certain age..

I tried knitting a patchwork bedspread, but it was a bit rubbish, to be honest. It also made me sweat and sneeze. I binned it.

I'm putting it off, because of the cost.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,151 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was vacillating between wool and silk - I've ended up with silk because there was an offer combined with a code that made it unbelievably good value. So far I love it.
  • p00
    p00 Posts: 824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I recently bought one from Dunelm in their sale reduced from £79.99 to £39.99 (superking size)and went through topcashback to:)

I love it, it crackles like a feather one does . Its so light too.

Says its washable.

I dont know how warm it will be in the winter but it does say on the box its body temperature regulated. There again my 2 little dogs keep me warm but I really do love this quilt.

p00
  • Kevie192
    Kevie192 Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks to all in this thread.

I've purchased a bargain box duvet (slightly overfilled lightweight duvet which I think will be perfect) and two pillows.

I'll let you know what I think when they arrive (should be today)

Thanks,

Kevin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family