AA complaint

Options
Hi I was hoping for a little bit of advice I called the breakdown service out on Thursday morning who came and said I needed a new coil as injector 3 was showing as a fault so I paid the £87 as requested part fitted and on my way less than 3 hours later the car was having the same issues as earlier I called the AA out again for the same error to show up on the diagnostic (I have both copy's on email to confirm it was the same error) to which the mechanic said did he change the leads as that's the problem not the coil in which I had part to have replaced I called the AA customer service to team to be told I can have 30 pound back now the full 87 is there anyway I can get a refund as they Mis diagnosed on the first break down and fitted a part that wasn't needed x

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Some punctuation would help your post.

Did the later mechanic have the old coil to check? If not then I'm not sure how he could say it wasn't faulty.

If you want to pursue this use the AA complaints process, I would write rather than call. And get someone to check your letter before you post it.

http://www.theaa.com/complaints
  • The_AA_Company_Representative
    The_AA_Company_Representative Posts: 251 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Debbie24 wrote: »
    Hi I was hoping for a little bit of advice I called the breakdown service out on Thursday morning who came and said I needed a new coil as injector 3 was showing as a fault so I paid the £87 as requested part fitted and on my way less than 3 hours later the car was having the same issues as earlier I called the AA out again for the same error to show up on the diagnostic (I have both copy's on email to confirm it was the same error) to which the mechanic said did he change the leads as that's the problem not the coil in which I had part to have replaced I called the AA customer service to team to be told I can have 30 pound back now the full 87 is there anyway I can get a refund as they Mis diagnosed on the first break down and fitted a part that wasn't needed x

Hi Debbie,
    We're sorry you remain unhappy with the outcome of the complaint. The misdiagnosis part of the complaint has been investigated by our Executive Chairman's Office and has now been closed as we have provided our final response on that matter. Kind Regards
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of The AA. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Debbie24
    Options
    Thank you for the reply but this matter has not closed I am meeting with my solicitor on Monday to commence legal proceedings as you can see from both reports that first part was not needed and I was even j formed this by Karl your technician who was the one who told me to contact you if the part was unseeded needed the fault would not of occurred several hours later I await your response
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    OP you seem to assume repairing car faults is an exact science. So you now have a new coil and a new lead for £57 and you wish to pursue it. Good luck.
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hintza wrote: »
    OP you seem to assume repairing car faults is an exact science. So you now have a new coil and a new lead for £57 and you wish to pursue it. Good luck.

No but testing strength on spark at cool pack and at spark plug is hardly rocket science
  • fred246
    fred246 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Most companies try and resolve a complaint once it has become public. Not the AA though. They've got your £57 and you're not having it back. The number of people complaining about excess renewals on this forum. Why do people still give money to the AA?
  • jimmy_cricket
    Options
    fred246 wrote: »
    Most companies try and resolve a complaint once it has become public. Not the AA though. They've got your £57 and you're not having it back. The number of people complaining about excess renewals on this forum. Why do people still give money to the AA?

Yes, the response from the AA above is incredibly high handed. Puts me off ever doing business with them
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Debbie,
    We're sorry you remain unhappy with the outcome of the complaint. The misdiagnosis part of the complaint has been investigated by our Executive Chairman's Office and has now been closed as we have provided our final response on that matter. Kind Regards

Not exactly a detailed investigation then?

Very poor response.
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    How much will a solicitor charge to recover £57? A few £100 at least.
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    How much will a solicitor charge to recover £57? A few £100 at least.

Aye but the OP isn't even due £57 back if she wins. We are probably arguing over £20.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport