IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Park Watch Parking Charge Notice newbie help needed

Options

Comments

• Kshah786
    Kshah786 Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nope they havent sent no photographic evidence.
    I will sent this off in a week or so. thanks for your help
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,489 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't 'send it off' by post though. Online, uploaded as a PDF under 'OTHER' as per every POPLA thread here.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • j484r.kh4n
    j484r.kh4n Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 November 2016 at 3:37PM
    Options
    @kShah786 Intresting, driver got the exact invoice. Unfortunaly for me, He passed onto me to sort it having explained what happened. See another forum i created : http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=108633

@Coupon-mad He more like will received NTK, am trying to work out if its compliance.. see link above.
  • Kshah786
    Options
    Just an update. i have recieved my NTK today. NTK has arrived 48 days from the contranvention date.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I wonder if they read this thread, where you left your VRN on show in the POPLA appeal and stated which location it was at.

Oh well, so you will need to put some work into editing point #1 to say that the NTK which was served is not compliant with para 8 of Schedule 4 and break down how, by quoting para 8 and comparing it to the wording on this PCN.

You can show us the front page of the PCN if you wan second opinions.

There is also a persuasive Appeal court case (Jopson) which defines parking, referenced in a thread I started earlier this week. You can include the entire court transcript with you appeal to POPLA and highlight the Senior Circuit Judge's definition of parking. Loading isn't parking.

:)
  • Kshah786
    Options
    Oops. too late to remove it now.
    I would like to show you the pcn but dont know how to. lol.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Take a scan or photo on close up and host the picture free, in tinypic or Dropbox or photobucket. Then get the 'share' link from where you've hosted your picture and post it here (you may not be allowed to post a URL link yet in which case, change http to hxxp).
  • Kshah786
    Options
    view.php?pic=295s9rl&s=9

I think this should be it.
  • Kshah786
    Options
    [IMG]hxxp://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=295s9rl&s=9[/IMG]
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=295s9rl&s=9#.WCUGpPmLTIU

What did you think when you compared that to the bullet points in para 9 of Schedule 4? (an easy game of spot the difference, much simpler than it sounds). I think the wording isn't bad and POPLA will consider it OK.

I noticed that are adding £1.50 (top right) for card payments which is contrary to consumer law on additional payments for processing payments. Not a silver bullet though.

And the contravention is 'parked on a cross hatching' so it begs the question, does the sign actually say that a charge arises for that?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure