Samsung Vs Apple (boring I know)

Options
buzzby
buzzby Posts: 240 Forumite
Had an iPhone since the iPhone 4 and am now due an upgrade from my iPhone 6. Not too impressed with the latest iPhone 7. Doesn't seem much different to the 6.

So was thinking about upgrading to the Samsung Edge.

Anyone got one. How does it compare to the iPhone?

Comments

• mrochester
    mrochester Posts: 1,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and an iPhone SE. The Edge looks pretty and does loads of things no one ever uses, but Android just doesn't compare to the user experience of iOS.
  • I agree with the above post. IOS is better..I have tried to get on with Android but it just doesn't do it for me. I have an iPhone 4s which is a 5 year old model and it still runs well albeit has just received its last software update as IOS10 is not available for this model.
    So I may have to upgrade in the next 12 months as when Apps stop getting updated. Would any android phone be current for 5 years? If I was to get an Android phone it would not be a Samsung as it is full of bloatware. I would be looking at Nexus or Motorola as I believe they run pure Android.
  • flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 4,005 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry, you're right, boring & been done to death! I have tried iPhones, can't get on with them and prefer Android all day long. My teenagers won't have anything else but Apple so horses for courses.

If you're going to make the switch, the LG G5 is worth checking out IMHO
  • thescouselander
    Options
    iOS is inferior IMO. Android is more flexible in how it can be set up and allows the phone to be connected to a wide range of other devices with ease where as with iOS you're stuck with what Apple think is best.
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,071 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Neither phone

Its really Android v Apple

Get a Nexus 6p no bloatware and first to get Android updates. now on Android 7

If you want the Apple system you have no choice but a pricey Apple phone
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Another Android recommendation I'd make is the new Moto G4.

My mate has the G4 Plus (same resolution and P.P.I as the iPhone Plus range) and it flies.

It pretty much runs stock Android (so no bloatware) and will receive updates from Google much quicker than some of the competition.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • Frozen_up_north
    Options
    iOS is inferior IMO. Android is more flexible in how it can be set up and allows the phone to be connected to a wide range of other devices with ease where as with iOS you're stuck with what Apple think is best.
    The reason iPhones are "less flexible" is security, for the Apple white paper on the subject see:
    https://www.apple.com/business/docs/iOS_Security_Guide.pdf
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Should not the question be what do i want to do with the phone . Any specific apps i need .
    How much do i want to spend .Plus could i cope with a different OS .
    By the by Samsung's are nor pure Android but have the Samsung Touchwizz interface overlay on the OS .
  • Cisco001
    Cisco001 Posts: 4,025 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is there a need of getting new phone?

What's wrong with existing iphone 6
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Get a Nexus 6p no bloatware and first to get Android updates. now on Android 7

Bad timing, new Google phones seem to be just around the corner...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure