Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Options

Comments

• Seasidegal58
    Options
    Thanks lashie! That’s actually bucked me up no end! I had visions of crawling around the next and subsequent days!:rotfl:
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    It won't be that bad SSG, it's not like military boot camp :rotfl:, but your tummy muscles will know about it :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Funnily enough I mentioned the Pilates to DD. She said that she and OH had just began Pilates with a teacher coming to their home at the weekend for an hour. They have been going to boot camp regularly for some time now and said it complements this very well - especially as they are off climbing whenever they can.
    🌟
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I can see that it would compliment it as Pilates promotes strength and flexibility. I wish I had time to do it, or is that just an excuse? :o
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope the Pilates went well ?

I am wearing a black sparkly dress which is about mid way between knee and ankle . Shoes will probably last an hour at most. I have a silver sparkly cardigan for the top.

I hope you have saved me some Bailey's .
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    That sounds lovely Cumbria. I have a sparkly silver cardigan but not a sparkly dress. You will look very glamorous :).

Hope you enjoyed Pilates SSG.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,312 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Ooh I love getting dressed up to the nines. Unfortunately only happens at work Christmas do.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your good wishes on the Pilates! The instructor was such a nice lady - put me at my ease and explained everything thoroughly. I thought it would be harder than it looked and it was! I certainly felt muscles that I didn’t feel when I was at the gym. I could hear things crunching and creaking but nothing painful. Also brought home how truly awfully inflexible I am. Hopefully things will change now. My foot was fine except when I went to sit back on my heels and it seemed to pull the top of my ankle so we didn’t pursue that one.

This morning I did the housework and a couple of the Cleaning routine tasks including sorting out my clothes as I didn’t do that job last Sunday. Went well - I did my shoes and boots a couple of weeks ago so I didn’t have to do that bit. However still managed to find a dress, woollen poncho and long knitted cardigan that i took down to the dress agency.

After that went to Pilates and then vegged out this afternoon reading. I haven’t got round to wrapping any pressies after all so will make that a task for tomorrow.
    That sounds lovely Cumbria. I have a sparkly silver cardigan but not a sparkly dress.

Hairy - I just read on your diary about your clothes for the wedding next week. Why don’t you wear your sparkly cardigan with your black trousers for the evening?
    Hope the Pilates went well ?

I am wearing a black sparkly dress which is about mid way between knee and ankle . Shoes will probably last an hour at most. I have a silver sparkly cardigan for the top. .

You will look very glam. I hear you on the 👠s though!:rotfl:
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Ooh I love getting dressed up to the nines. Unfortunately only happens at work Christmas do.

I’ve not got much going on to really dress up for this Christmas SA. We’re going out for lunch on Christmas Day so I have a sparkly cobalt blue tunic top that I’ve had since last year that I’m going to wear with some black velvet leggings and some black suede heels. I never go to the works Christmas do - it’s too much faff getting home back late with all the drunks on the train (funny though - I never minded so much when I was younger!):D
    🌟
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I'm glad the Pilates went well, I'm sure it will do you a world of good :).

That's a very good idea SSG about the silver sparkly cardigan, it would go with the black dress or trousers for the evening do.

Your cobalt sparkly top and velvet leggings sound lovely :).

I don't like drunks on trains either, too old for that nonsense :eek::eek:.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Thanks Hairy.

I’ve had the leggings for a couple of years now. They are tried and trusty! I always end up pulling them out the drawer as they are so comfortable and go with any top.

Some of the staff stay up in town for the works do. A few of the girls will share a room at a Travelodge or Premier Inn. I feel Christmas is expensive enough without paying extra for something I don’t really want to go to!:D
    🌟
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business