Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Force feed him his golf balls :rotfl::rotfl:

Glad your office move went well, for you anyway :rotfl:

You're so organised with your Christmas stuff. I've got two vouchers now for presents, so I have finally started. Inspired by your example I think :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Rather strange washed out feeling day today. My foot has been playing up like anything - it’s across the top of my ankle now. I’m not sure if this was down to the leg extension machine at the the gym on Saturday and the padded lever thing that lays across the top of your ankles and where you have to push it up. I texted the PT and said I couldn’t make it tonight because I was limping but it’s worrying me now as I feel that the gym is aggravating the foot. I’m due to see the other consultant soon for a second opinion so will have to see what he says.

Work was the usual blah. Lunchtime I ordered two books as Xmas pressies for DD that her OH said she wanted and some boxers for him that DD had said that he wanted! Both bought on Amazon as the boxers turned out cheapest here and I couldn’t find the books anywhere else. So a couple of more pressies off the list!

Something annoying is happening on our work PCs since The IT upgrade. For instance I tried to order boss’s golf balls today via Topcashback, but I couldn’t get through to the retailer website. It took me to the BBC News homepage instead! :eek: Also on PA I couldn’t get through to the actual survey which was a pain as it wasn’t one that you could do on your phone. We were told that the upgrade wouldn’t change anything but I dont think that’s true. Still I got through to Amazon but I think this was because I wasn’t being directed there. So will have to shop on my tablet for cashback. :(

I also ordered flowers for a funeral - Dsis’s oldest’s friend’s mum passed away after a long illness.

Topped up on some fruit and that finished my spends for today.

Will catch up with diaries and then off to bed.
    SSG x
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    That sounds like an odd situation with your IT :huh:.

I can only do PA surveys in the day time as you seem to need a pc for most of them :mad:.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Yes it’s going to be a pain if I can’t shop via Cashback sites at work. Also everything I seem to get on PA now needs to be done on a PC!:mad:
    🌟
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have your IT provider banned sites on your systems. We get loads of sites we aren't allowed on at work pc's .
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 8 November 2017 at 11:08PM
    Options
    Yes Cumbria - Facebook has always been banned (not that I use it ) and also gambling sites. It was rather funny a couple of years ago as all of a sudden we couldn’t get on to the M&S website. It turned out that because the female work force was buying all their underwear on there the IT gremlins decided it must be a dodgy website. :rotfl: they soon fixed it after our roar of disapproval.....:D

Today I had my flu jab lunchtime. Practioner at Boots said the vaccine contained four strains this year instead of three and I might feel a bit under the weather.. However so far I’ve felt fine and no sore arm...

Got home tonight and had letter from Equifax confirming that my details was included in their big hack some weeks ago- name, telephone number and date of birth :mad: I wouldn’t mind - I haven’t used them in years!

Money Stuff
    Today bought:
    - coffees in Pret today for me and friend (as we didn’t have any on Monday; her turn on Friday).
    - two rolls of sellotape for Xmas wrapping - £2;
    - return rail tickets to Stratford on Avon for trip at beginning of next month - only £10.60 on trainline with Senior Railcard!:j
    - Silver wired Christmas ribbon from Amazon to staple my Christmas cards to and hang from living room door (couldn’t get any in Factory Shop at weekend - they only had gold) - £3.98;
    - boss’s golf balls finally - via topcashback - ordered at home on the tablet!
    - plus had my regular nail appointment this evening.

Also M&S loyalty vouchers arrived in post - £8!

SSG x
    🌟
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning Seaside,

I got the same letter from Equifax but at the time thought it was a scam until I saw Martin’s post. I’ve never used Equifax so it was a surprise.

I use the free WiFi on train in the morning & you wouldn’t believe the sites which I’m not allowed into... mainly clothes shops which might not be a bad thing :D
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    I know Munchin - I won’t be signing up to Equifax’s various checks that they have offered. Don’t trust them, but I want them to remove my details. When the news first broke some weeks ago I heard that some of their top brass in the US were dumping their Equifax stock the day before the hack was announced! If that isn’t insider trading I don’t know what is!:mad: I’m going to stick with Noddle.

Today I rang my personal trainer at lunchtime to tell him that I wouldn’t be using the gym for the foreseeable future. My foot is still very painful and now my right hip is beginning to play up - probably because I’ve been compensating on that side of my body! :eek: Basically cardio is out, my lower body is out so all that is left to train is my upper body! Hopefully I’ll get some clarity on the situation soon.
    The boss said why don’t you try Pilates? I’m not sure how that would affect my foot. Does anyone use Pilates?

The boss also took me to one side this afternoon. He looked embarrassed and said that his wife had a go at him for keep buying me vouchers for Christmas- she told him that it was so unimaginative and he said would I like something else? I said that I was quite happy with unimaginative and a voucher. He looked relieved and said what particular voucher would I like this year and I said John Lewis please! Which will do very nicely for the after Christmas sale!:D

And which also made me feel a bit guilty as I drew his name in the Desk Secret Santa this morning and ordered his pressie lunchtime and bought him a Potty Putting Set which you use while you are sitting on the loo. The “green” is a green mat that you put round the loo and which has a little thing on it that you hit the ball into with the little putter that is supplied- with p&p £12.77 from Amazon! But of course he may have drawn my name so I wonder what I might get.....:D

Also got a black lambs wool scarf for DD in House of Fraser for a pressie. It’s a Barbour one and I got 20% off with my loyalty card so only £20!:j

Apart from above no other spends today.

SSG x
    🌟
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Loving the secret santa pressie ! I would stick to unimaginative as well, vouchers are best then you can get what you want.

Hope the train tickets are for one of your jaunts , Stratford upon Avon is a great place . Sorry to hear your foot is no better, do you like swimming , maybe it might help as no weight bearing, can't comment on Pilates as have never tried it.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Yes Cumbria I’m off to Stratford with DD - she booked tickets some months ago to see the RSC’s performances of the adaptation of Robert Harris’s trilogy of novels about Rome and Cicero. They are running over two nights. Can’t wait as I saw their adaptation a couple of years ago of “Wolf Hall” and “Bring Up the Bodies” and I do love my history! I’ve paid for the hotel as part of DD’s Xmas pressie last year as I said we would do an away trip in the U.K.

Re swimming - I’m absolutely useless - not a strong swimmer at all and hate it! Also there’s no pool near me too and I don’t drive. It’s a shame because as you say it’s non-weight bearing.
    🌟
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business