MSE News: MSE Big Energy Switch Event 5: British Gas £300/yr saving for new &...

Options

Comments

• Danceswithhorses
    Options
    polymaff wrote: »
    Just had a "How did we do?" email:

Dear Polymaff
    Thank you for recently buying from us.

We are committed to using what our customers tell us to improve our service and would appreciate you taking a few minutes to tell us how we did.

Ha bloody ha :)

I had that also.
    I was brutally honest, but polite.
    Would i recommend BG...you're having a laugh :rotfl:
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,991 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    So my original post indicating my unhappy experience so far and BG's response have been deleted. I wonder why!!

I have had four emailed supply dates, plus the original estimate, which makes a total of 5 dates so far.

Obviously the first two dates have passed, so the latest supply date (for gas) is 25th October.

Can someone please explain what is going on? Switching time is supposed to be 17 days: It is now 24 days since I started this process

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I would start tweeting and facebooking them but I have moved to sainsbury energy (run by BG) who don't seem to have a social media presence.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • unhappychappy16
    unhappychappy16 Posts: 24 Forumite
    edited 15 October 2016 at 12:26PM
    Options
    Matt i really want to share with you links to my screenshots of my messed up account without any account info showing, just to show you and the public all the website errors im getting.

But im not allowed to post links or upload images how lucky is that for you!

Btw ive had 3 different people tell me my account is setup but what the website is showing me is totally different, i would love to add the images to prove it but hey ....... its not allowed here so matt can get away with saying website faults aint true.
  • Raine_E_Day
    Raine_E_Day Posts: 812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 16 October 2016 at 10:10AM
    Options
    Evenutally my online account is showing metre readings. I thought all was well until I clicked on tariffs just to check everything one last time. I have looked at this previously and each time they were correct but my level of trust in BG is somewhat lacking.....

storyFor many years previously, with BG, NPower and Eon two electric metre readings (which are totalled) have been used because before I lived here, there were storage heaters. On appearance of metre readings on my account, my tariff has now been changed to what I assume is Economy Seven despite being on MSE Collective.
    • Supplier British Gas (British Gas Trading Limited)
    • Tariff name Collective Fix Oct 2017
    • Tariff type Fixed[1]
    • Payment method Monthly Direct Debit
    • Day unit rate 12.70p per kWh
    • Night unit rate 4.32p per kWh
    • Standing charge 21.81p per day
    So, a word of warning to anyone in same situation who has to submit two electric readings - check your tariff again. So, more hassle trying to sort this out with CS tomorrow...:angry:
    “Rain drops are not the ones who bring the clouds.”
  • mariotr
    Options
    Evenutally my online account is showing metre readings. I thought all was well until I clicked on tariffs just to check everything one last time. I have looked at this previously and each time they were correct but my level of trust in BG is somewhat lacking.....

For many years previously, with BG, NPower and Eon two electric metre readings (which are totalled) have been used because before I lived here, there were storage heaters. On appearance of metre readings on my account, my tariff has now been changed to what I assume is Economy Seven despite being on MSE Collective.
    • Tariff type Fixed[1]
    So, a word of warning to anyone in same situation who has to submit two electric readings - check your tariff again. So, more hassle trying to sort this out with CS tomorrow...:angry:

I have the feeling I'll be running into the same issue soon...let me know how it goes!
  • unhappychappy16
    Options
    Ive had 6 e-mails to date now all asking for meter readings, ive given them everytime they asked. Im saving all the e-mails which may be used in my complaint. 1 week ago my gas supply said it was setup now it says its not setup nor is my eletricity setup and both are still asking for meter readings WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON ?
    I really wish i had not switched over to british gas :mad:
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I am on the Collective Fix Oct 2017 from 19 Sep 2016 and also have a E7 meter. They have correctly added the totals on the two registers. i.e.

19 to 29 Sep 2016 - 39kWh on E7 register

19 to 29 Sep 2016 - 135kWh on daytime register

Charged for 174kWh @8.59p/kWh(less VAT @5%)

So they can get it right!
  • Raine_E_Day
    Options
    • Tariff type Fixed[1]
    BG have told me this morning that this is a computer error and their records show the correct tariff. Because there are so many mistakes with the online accounts there is a backlog and I have joined the queue as my account will have to be manually amended. This apparently could take some time. It is just not good enough that the tariff shows as something completely different to what I switched to and is what is on my contract. I was obviously very annoyed, insisting on getting something in writing today, and have now received an email from the person I spoke to confirming the correct tariff. The website is clearly not fit for purpose.
    “Rain drops are not the ones who bring the clouds.”
  • unhappychappy16
    Options
    And british gas guy from these forums told us all in a post abit futher back that BG had no website issues.
    The website clearly needs looking at.
  • British_Gas_Rep_Matt
    British_Gas_Rep_Matt Posts: 179 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Thank you for responding, but that does not explain the coversations I had with both EON and BG, and the differing scenarios. Nor why I was told by BG my metre reading has been 'knocked back by EON, but EON say they have prepared final gas account on my readings, and have no record of what I have been told by BG. What is that all about?

I do understand the switch can take time, but it's the way that it is being implemented, conflicting information as above, multiple requests for metre readings and a lack of customer orientated website that is causing problems.

Edited to add that I have just this evening received a final credit bill from EON encompassing price protection (I was bizarrely put onto Economy 7 when my tariff ended despite never being on it in 15 previous years) and my account is now closed. EON have accepted my metre readings for both gas and electricity, so no reason why my BG account cannot be fully set up, with viewable metre readings, without all this nonsense.

Hi Raine E Day, I see how it could seem like a lot of nonsense but we do need to formally agree the transfer reading with Eon.
    Although suppliers can object to reach others readings, I'd be surprised if any supplier 'knocked back' a reading if it was only 4 units from what they'd expected.
    However we'll need to check your account to find out more about why you're getting conflicting info; please call our Collective Tariff Team 0800 975 9712 and we can check how things stand. Thanks, Matt
    I am the official company representative of British Gas. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure