chance of a claim?

Options
Can anyone help me?

I flew from Gatwick to Barcelona on Friday

I paid extra for BA as I assumed it would be a better service.

After several times of having problems checking in I find that its not even with BA its with vueling.

I arrive at the airport to find its delayed 30mins which is ok I guess.

Whilst waitng at the airport bar it says get closing then suddenly says its closed ( bare in mind the gate wasnt up for long) so run to the gate to find there not even boarding people just chcking passes and moving them into the next room.

Then 10 minutes pass and we all board.

We get a few updates whilst on plane till fianlly

flight eventually takes off 2 hors late.

On the way back my flight was 40 minutes late but this at least was with BA.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    diz79 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me?

I flew from Gatwick to Barcelona on Friday - nice place for a weekend

I paid extra for BA as I assumed it would be a better service. - mistake one

After several times of having problems checking in I find that its not even with BA its with vueling - which is part of IAG - BA's parent company and flies under BA codeshares

I arrive at the airport to find its delayed 30mins which is ok I guess - ok - easy to catch this up before arrival

Whilst waitng at the airport bar it says get closing then suddenly says its closed ( bare in mind the gate wasnt up for long) so run to the gate to find there not even boarding people just chcking passes and moving them into the next room - the joys of airport communication

Then 10 minutes pass and we all board.

We get a few updates whilst on plane till fianlly

flight eventually takes off 2 hors late. - but what was the position on arrival - that's what counts (and it'll be less than the 3hrs qualifying for compo)

On the way back my flight was 40 minutes late but this at least was with BA.

Thanks in advance.

In summary no chance of a claim
  • diz79
    diz79 Posts: 330 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    k3lvc wrote: »
    In summary no chance of a claim

What I cant understand though the flight is only two hours. So two hours late is big especailly when a short weekend. The difference meant I arived too late to do I what I wanted to do.

22 40 became 0040 meaning a complete mess up of my plans.

Surely 3 hours on a long haul flight but a short haul to me seems harsh as my short weekend was even shorter, but I guess they did alright as delayed my flight on way home so I got a bit longer:j
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Rules is rules - if ETA +2h59 is too late for your plans then consider an earlier flight as nothing due until that time (and as someone with 200+ European flights this year including a 2h+ delay on my flight into Manchester last Thursday night meaning a 3am arrival at home I feel your pain)
  • diz79
    diz79 Posts: 330 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ok thanks guys
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts