Baby steps towards mortgage freedom

Options

Comments

• Moominmamma89
    Options
    Thank you Princesslou and EatingTheElephant :)

I am sneaking back in feeling rather sheepish about my lack of updating. Mr Moomin and me went to Bath at the start of the month for our 7th wedding anniversary which was such a lovely break - I booked it as part of his envelope Christmas present thingy and he was very surprised when he found out we were going.

Since getting back thou things have been manic - I really struggled which one section of my coursework I had to get done and so have had to really focus on that but it paid off as I got 94% in the end. My other topic I had to submit I got 100% so now I have completed half the coursework in total which is a nice milestone.

Munchkin has also finished school for the year and the first week of having both kids at home and being back at work took a bit of juggling as had to fit in studying as well.

There is no update on moving as the house the current tenants are buying has come up with a few issues on the survey that need further investigation before any exchange/completion dates are decided upon. We are just continuing with the overpayments and seeing how it all progresses - paid £345 off in July and should be able to update signature next week when online account updates.

I really feel in general since going back to work I'm less organised and find it harder to get motivated so I will be back on Monday with some set goals for the rest of the month.

Hope everyone is well and has been enjoying the sun :)
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    Sorry PrincessLou completely missed that you asked what course I was doing! It is a gym instructor course moving on to a personal training course once I've passed - I really enjoy going to the gym (most of the time!) and doing my PT sessions but you might have seen a few pages back I felt my PT had quite unrealistic expectations of how much training I could fit in round family life.

I figured I'm not the on person that would have encountered this so thought once qualified I want to be able to offer a service that is more realistic to balance with family commitments. I have also thought of perhaps offering some online services for people that cannot attend a traditional gym.

If nothing comes from it at least it will help with my own personal training and I am enjoying doing some learning again after a break from any education for 10 years!
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    Well as I said I'm back today with some goals for the rest of the month - starting small they are:

1) Three NSD's a week
    2) Three posts on here a week
    2) Start to declutter and sell some of our surplus items lying round the house

I have made July's OP of £345 and had to call mortgage company today to see why it hasn't yet been applied to mortgage account so hopefully that is sorted and I will have an updated signature in the next few days. Really don't know why it takes so long as both accounts are with the same back - OP was sent on 6th.

Today has been busy so whizzed by fairly quick - went for a run this morning, took kids for a walk and to the shop to pick up some things so today was not a NSD, did some studying and a quick workout at home as it is Mr Moonin's night at the gym. Also had to go to the doctors as have had a pain in my chest for the last two or three weeks so was given some anti-inflammatorys and a follow up appointment for 4 weeks time.

I have finished the dress I was making so decided to make Button a dress in my next few sewing classes. Meant I had to get the fabric washed today so hopefully I can get it all cut out before Friday's class. As she is small this shouldn't take too long - well that's the theory anyway!

Only in work one day this week as have taken one day as annual leave to give my mum a break and I'm waiting to hear back from my brother about meeting up for lunch one day which would be nice as I haven't seen him properly in ages.

Hope everyone has fab weeks and will do my best to stick to my list above :)
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    Signature updated :j - edging closer to sub £140k!

Tuesday has been my only NSD this week so far but fingers crossed I manage another tomorrow. Problem is I take the kids for a walk in the morning to get us all out of the house for a bit which lead to Munchkin asking for an after dinner treat and call me soft but I can't resist his little face :o.

Studying for this unit is going well as I remember covering some of it in biology at school so have finished for today and tonight I want to get the fabric cut out for Button's dress. We are waiting for the thunder and lighting the weather man promised but no sign yet and no further plans for the afternoon.

YouGov is up to £19.75 and have got a few books I might put through webuybooks and see what they offer but no other MSE news really.

Hope everyone is having good weeks :)
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    Today is looking like it will be another NSD :T we are heading to soft play with my mum this afternoon but she offered to pay as I ordered her a copy of Munchkins class photo which has arrived.

Didn't end up getting my fabric cut as took one look at the pattern and it was very complicated so I may have to pick another one.

Just had lunch and now Munchkin is plugged into a Disney film so I will do an hours studying and then heading to the gym tonight.

Sorry very jumbled post but checking in to keep on track. Hope everyone has a good day x
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    Wooo it's Friday :j

Bit of a grey miserable day here so haven't had the kids out today but hoping maybe once Button has finished her nap we can have a quick walk to get some fresh air. Today won't be a NSD as I have to pay for my sewing class later but as it allows me to have 2 hours and 45 mins without the kids and talking with adults that share an interest I think it's £12 well spent :) - plus there are biscuits!!!

Studying is going well and should be able to get next bit of coursework submitted on Wednesday. My arms are killing me from the gym last night thou - think I was a bit too enthusiastic with the weights and carrying Button around is not helping - she is not walking unaided yet but I don't think it will be long.

Mr Moomin is having to go away Sunday night with work but should hopefully only be for the one night so will be able to have a veg and control of the tv for once.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend x
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    Evening everyone.

Today has been a long and busy day. Decided to put house back on the market yesterday using an online agent and straight away had two viewings for today! Great news except I thought I had to at least until the weekend to get the house straightened up - result was frantic running around last night and today getting it ready.

Did not help that Mr Moomin was away with work last night and so had to do it all myself. Munchkin however was a great help in that he woke me up at quarter to five this morning. He has football club this week and was so excited that he appeared beside my bed in full kit ready to go - gave me quite a fright :rotfl:.

Viewings went ok although one lady was definitely not interested as they are downsizing and she said the garden was too much to manage. The other lady seemed interested but was talking to the person she had with her about moving the bathroom upstairs. I will have to wait and see but I have two more viewings booked in for Wednesday so fingers crossed.

Today was not a NSD but tomorrow will be as I'm in the office. Mr Moomin was due back tonight but is having to stay away again, hopefully just for one more night. Going to do some reading and have an early night I think incase we have a repeat of this morning tomorrow :D.

Have a good week all :)
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    Another busy day - had two viewings but only one showed up :mad: this made me late to my sewing class. I had fun at the class but ate way too many biscuits :o. Have started a dress for Button which should come together quite quickly - well that is the theory!

The viewer that showed up seemed quite interested thou so fingers crossed, have one more booked in for Saturday atm. It means the house is staying nice and tidy which is a plus.

Submitted my fifth unit of coursework today so will hear next Friday if I have passed or have to resit but if it's a pass that would be 5/8 units done.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far x
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    Happy Friday all

We had an offer on the house yesterday from the viewer that turned up on Wednesday - we rejected it thou as it was 15k under the asking price and two more viewings booked in for the weekend.

Hope everyone has good weekends x
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    Hi all

It's a beautiful day here so have had kids out for a walk and going to go back out this afternoon as it's my niece's birthday this Friday so I want to post her a card and some sweets.

Weekend viewings went well and one couple seemed quite interested so fingers crossed we may hear back from them this week.

We have been paid and I have the £345 set aside in an e-savings account ready to overpay on the 6th. So we are still on track to be sub £140k by October.

Hope everyone has a lovely week x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport