Make £10 a day September 2016 - everybody welcome

Options

Comments

• lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Afternoon all

Well I'm back and it looks like you've all been working hard and doing well on the money-making efforts :T :dance: :T

We've had a super duper holibobs. It was lovely to see DS, though he's been really busy and fairly tired this end of the season obviously. We had a meal together every day, managing to find a couple of new-to-us eateries, and a couple of drinks a few times, and spent quite a bit of time at his bar which was fun.

Every day hot and sunny in top 20s bar one, when we had the most fabadosy storm with real crashing thunder and lightening for one and a half hours. Went on one boat trip, which was okay as not a 'drinking' one and had loads of restful reading time and watching the goings-on in the harbour from the balcony. We managed to see most of our old friends as well, which was a lovely bonus. Only down was lack of WIFI in the hotel this year, suspect they've stopped paying for it !!

Back to normal now and have slept hours and hours this weekend on recovery :D However, all unpacking done, go-away basics sorted and repacked and passport left out to get renewed next month.

Now I need to get the head into gear and start organising some money-making of my own. Have a little interest to add from accounts and will try to get some surveys in for the rest of the month. Have booked an MS for Sunday, but that will be in October.

Hope you're all having a lovely week
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Azzzaa
    Azzzaa Posts: 346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Good evening all :) I've been very quiet on here recently, things have been busy my end and unfortunately priorities took place, however :D:D:D

This evening i sorted out LOADS off stuff and advertised it all on Facebook at reasonably fair prices, mainly £5. I have also sold a few bits of lego which added up quite nicely! I've sold at least half of what I advertised and am putting more up now, I also have a few things i'm going to be putting on ebay tonight :)

I've been slowly becoming more less materialistic and focusing on eating cleaner and being more healthy, bar the smoking however i'm working on that. one thing I have noticed while on this 'journey' is that although we're all on here to save money, pay off debt etc, It really does pay to look after yourself, i feel a lot more motivated and willing to get things done if i've drunk a good 2 litres of water throughout the day, even more so if i'm eating healthy!

So in theory, staying healthy is A) saving me money as i'm not buying cr*p and b) making/saving me money as I am more motivated to do so!

I'm aiming to give myself a good half an hour of time to dedicate each evening to this forum to keep my threads up to date and keep motivated :D

:T:T:T
    Documenting my journey from full time support worker to full time eBay reseller :)
  • Welcome back, Lynne. Your holiday sounds wonderful:j. Maybe not having Wi-Fi at the hotel was a blessing in a way;) as it gave you more time to just chill out:beer:. We've all tried to be good in your absence, working hard to make a few pennies;)

Azzzaa, thanks for that uplifting post:T. It sounds as if you're in a good place in your life and I totally agree how important it is to take care of your health. I know a lot of people have health issues which, sadly, they can't do much about but I feel a lot of us (me included:o) take our good health for granted. It's relatively easy to make small changes which cost nothing:j (probably even save money as you say) but make a world of difference to how we feel.

Well done to all moneymakers still plodding on to the end of the month:beer:
  • Smiley87
    Options
    £10 from selling some teaching resources today.

I have a few more things on ebay and Gumtree, so just sorting those at the moment but they will more than likely appear in October's money.

306.46/300
  • hermionesaver
    Options
    Hello all, can't believe it's nearly the end of September! I logged into an account today to find a £50 joining bonus that I'd forgotten I was due so that's another £50 to add on to this months total. I don't really have anything else in the pipeline so I think I'll declare for this month at £382.51. Really pleased with that as it's the first month I've reached the £10 a day goal and I've gone over :) Onwards and upwards towards October! x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 28 September 2016 at 9:33PM
    Options
    Just received 2 products to test for Alba Science. Can't say what they are for confidentiality reasons but enough to say they are nice big sizes of the products and I'll definitely not have to spend my money on similar products for months:j

Not sure where I saw the recommendation for the company (maybe on here ages ago) but it's the first time I've responded to a testing email invitation from them and been selected to take part. I've only been invited for toiletries and beauty products so don't know if they do testing of anything else.

They are doing a recruitment drive at the moment so am sending the link. It's not a referral system so I don't get anything out of it:(

We hope that you enjoy trialling products with Alba Science. We are always looking for new volunteers to take part in our studies. If you know anyone who would be interested in volunteering with Alba Science please ask them to register their details using the link below.

https://www.research.net/s/recruitmentdrive
  • wifey27
    Options
    £153.57 bonus from work today (hope this counts?!), taking my total to £335.11!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,100 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Another £1.23 from Qmee for me today
  • wannabefrugal
    Options
    Total ebay sales for Sept.Less fees and postage. £102.45
    Music magpie.4.32
    Sale of busted tablet.3.71
    Tcb. 2.50 Amazon vcr.
    £427.93/£300

All the ebay money is spent, as I use it as a free line of credit.Bought some nice homewares from George and ebay.But it was "free" money.So happy with that total.
  • wannabefrugal
    Options
    Oh and £3.08 cashback from my bank £431.01/300
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills