Vanguard LS60 which isa provider?

Hi,

I am looking into a s&s isa and am interested in the Vanguard LS60 fund. Can anybody offer an opinion on the best provider, that would allow regular payments at around £300pm. I do not have any other holdings to transfer in.

Thank you.

Dan

Replies

• edited 30 August 2016 at 12:00AM
    snowqueen555snowqueen555 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 30 August 2016 at 12:00AM
    If you are looking to do something as above and don't require a lot of bells and whistles, the best way is to use the cheapest provider.

Charles Stanley looks good, 0.25% annual fee. I use HL and they charge 0.45%, I just use them as they are more convenient on a few things e.g. US shares.

http://monevator.com/compare-uk-cheapest-online-brokers/
  • enthusiasticsaverenthusiasticsaver Forumite, Ambassador
    13.3K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Ambassador
    I hold Vanguard LS60 and have been holding with Cavendish who charge the same I think as Charles Stanley. Cavendish were great but they use the Fidelity platform. That is ok for a smaller holding but I have just reached £45k and intend investing a substantial part of my OHs lump sum over the next 6 months so have moved my holdings to Halifax as they are cheaper for larger holdings. They seem fine so far. As snowqueen says use the compare my platform tool for your particular circumstances.
    Early retired in December 2017. Debt counsellor for a High Street bank in a previous life.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Save £12k in 2022 challenge #36 £6800/£12,000 July 2022
  • colstencolsten Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Quite a good comparison tool here: http://www.comparefundplatforms.com/

I have my VLS with Halifax Sharedealing. Might not be my absolute cheapest option but I am reasonably happy with them for my needs.
  • dangdang Forumite
    157 Posts
    Cheers guys, I'll take a closer look at Halifax.
  • Can I just ask why you are going with the LS60? If you're drip feeding in £300 a month, that suggests this is a long term saving? I recently set up my first savings plan but went LS100 based on risk / growth potential. Is it just a personal choice for your circumstances?
  • dangdang Forumite
    157 Posts
    Hi Love-Actuary,

Yes it is a long term plan 10-15 years, but the money is money that would have otherwise been used to over pay the mortgage. So with that in mind I would rather have a lower risk.
  • edinburgheredinburgher Forumite
    12.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I use CSD, very pleased with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Mini-budget 2022: what does it mean for you?

Tax cuts and Universal Credit changes

MSE News

Income tax calculator

Updated with November NI changes

MSE Tool