Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• lushlifesaver
    Options
    I'm baaaaaaack and officially a mrs :) and the familymoon was the most amazing relaxing time!

thanks for keeping the chart for us all shala :)
    shala_moo wrote: »

halloween_zpswuudiqny.png

week comm 26th Sep I was +5lb on weigh day. not surprised - champagne, a full English (x2), wine, cake...more cake...some cake and the most amazing pie and peas (everyone is still raving about the food!)

last week was holiday for me

will be a gain this week - on returning home my sneaky hoem weigh said +8lbs which I was a little disappointed with (though I expected between 3 and 6 based on a glass of wine/an ice cream and a slushie a day but lots of walking) however today a cheeky mid point peak suggests I may have done so well as to knock it down to +4/5lb which I can manage more comfortably.

Today:
    breakfast: 2 Weetabix (b) with milk from A and an apple
    lunch: batchelors cous cous (free lemon and whatsit flavour) plus shredded carrot (new food obsession; littlie and 1 ate loads of this on holiday every lunch and tea!) and cherry toms plus orange pepper served with homemade chilli (free mince, tomatoes, baked beans, kidney beans, onion, mushrooms, orange and green peppers)
    tea: gammon steak (baked) with jacket potato plus shredded carrot, lettuce, cherry toms, maybe some cauli
    syns: small cookie 2.5, 2 for 4 foam sweets, 2 for hot chocolate after little one is (hopefully) asleep later :)

I'm going to buy a countdown on the 27th (and get the free Christmas book) and also a journal and make a much better go of it this countdown. when does the next challenge start? I'd like to be down a minimum of 20lb (off this weeks weight on Thursday) by Christmas
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,563 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    :T duchy

I've just checked and still no update of HEBs on the site. I think I'm going to go to a new group on Thursday morning for, at least, weigh and go. Even though I'm out for a meal tomorrow evening I can't keep putting it off. If I am close to the top of target range (or above it:eek:) then maybe it'll motivate me to be more stringent.

Just checked the site and there's a bit about the changes but not a lot. It says that consultants will be handing out lists at group. It mentions about some of the cereals not being HEB now and also about some cereals going up from 35g to 40g.

The other thing it mentions is about the granulated sweetner now needs to be synned at 0.5 per Tbs.

Denise
  • rjhammond91
    Options
    Weigh in today.

Lost 2 lbs!

Hope you're all doing well xx
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think I might buy a countdown too this week for the Christmas book.

I started SW two weeks ago because I thought I had put on weight on couldn't bear to weigh myself. I do need to loose two stone, but my weight wasn't as bad as expected thankfully. I must have lost weight over the past year without realising. This time last year I bought two pairs of trousers to go away on a UK holiday. I put on a pair today and they are quite big. I was constantly hitching them up on a walk this afternoon. I haven't cut back food in that time, infact I have done a fair bit of naughty baking. The only difference I can see is that I have stopped driving and walk everywhere or use the bus. The main bus is a 15 minute walk, so even a bus journey means half an hour walking. It shows the power of doing something good little and often.

Well done to the people who have lost this week. When does the new challenge start?
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £84/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £114/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Just checked the site and there's a bit about the changes but not a lot. It says that consultants will be handing out lists at group. It mentions about some of the cereals not being HEB now and also about some cereals going up from 35g to 40g.

The other thing it mentions is about the granulated sweetner now needs to be synned at 0.5 per Tbs.

Denise

I didn't pay too much attention as I don't use most of the products mentioned. I was very happy to find that oats have increased to 40g as they are my favourite breakfast.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £84/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £114/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congrats on earning SOTW, duchy.

It definitely is autumn now!

Welcome home, Mrs lush.

Good loss, rj.

Tuesday

Pre-Breakfast: banana
    Breakfast: fruit salad, ff Greek yogurt
    Snack: Border oat crumble (3 ½ )
    Lunch: spaghetti on hexb toast, scrape butter (3), melon
    Dinner: slow cooked ham, potatoes, turnip, sprouts
    Snacks: hexa cheese and grapes

Syns used: 6 ½ Syns saved: 8 ½ Syns carried forward: 6
    Syns balance: 14 ½

Out for lunch tomorrow. Hope those save syns help me out!
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,427 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    shala~~I lost 2 1/2 this week just finished.
    I did post but forgot to put it in bold.
    I am back at target.

Orleo~~I have called target and my BMI is still 27.
    There is now a super BMI (or similar) & it actually indicates that it is ok to be in the overweight category so I am going with that.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,563 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done Beanie. That's a great loss and back in target too. All that plodding works in the end, LOL!

Denise
  • mrsp1987
    mrsp1987 Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Wedding Day Wonder Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Woohoo bigger bowls of porridge just in time for the cold mornings!
    Also going to start looking at some soup recipes, chunky soup would feel more filling for me I think!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,427 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Well done Beanie. That's a great loss and back in target too. All that plodding works in the end, LOL!

Denise

I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure