Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    shala_moo wrote: »
    I have added the lovely Beanielou to our target roll of honour!

Congratulations! :T:j:T:j

Thanks for reminding us of all our brilliant target members, you're all great inspiration to those of us still trying to get there.

After deciding to stop going to class this morning I received a lovely message from the consultant suggesting one last time so she could say goodbye properly so I went tonight after all, and made a decision to return in April when I get back from Spain.

I was reminded of the reason I joined SW this year, which was because I want to get to target so that I can be a target member (again).

I've got a deadline of September 2017 to get to target and 2 stone 5 to lose so I'll need to increase my average weight loss between now and then! It's taken me 2 years to lose 3.5 stone which is an average of 1/2 lb each week. At that rate I'll only have lost 1 stone 10. I need to increase my average to 2/3rd of a lb per week, which isn't a huge increase is it?

I can do this. :D

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • Lois_Lane
    Options
    It's taster night at ours too, I'm trialling a fat free tea loaf from the BBQ good food site. It works out at 5 syns per small slice, but I've added lots of spices and if it's nice I'll adapt it a bit and have a healthier Christmas cake this year.

Our consultant did a Christmas cake from the new festive book, which you can get free with a 12 week countdown. She called it a last minute Christmas cake and the raffle prize was the ingredients for it, which included a butternut squash. It was absolutely delicious. The recipe makes 20 slices at 5 Syns per slice.

• Lois_Lane
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    At least you've got a set of new books to take back to Spain. You know you only have to ask for any info. on the website and we'll get it for you. Do you stock up on anything you can't get when you're away? Do they sell Frylight in Spain?

Thanks for that. :)

You hit the nail on the head with Frylight, that's the only food item I take now. Following SW is more challenging in Spain but I've managed to find suitable alternative Hebs and focus on eating plenty of salad, fresh fruit and vegetables. Some uk brands are available - Heinz beans, laughing cow light, ryvita, but they cost more of course. Spanish supermarkets have a huge choice of meat but not the same as in the uk, we get by with what we know, focussing mainly on chicken and fish so it's probably better for us.

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,338 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Lois~~ Yes, you can & will do this :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Maman, I’m with you in the ‘leftover casserole veg as soup’ camp, although I don’t seem to need to add extra veg, but usually a bit more stock! I do have a proper blender, but since I bought the stick blender that’s used more often. I do like to vary whether I have smooth or chunky soup, even if the ingredients are the same. Tomorrow I’m making pea & ham soup (From a chicken? – a wee joke for some our more mature members!)

Congrats on becoming a Target Member, beanie.

Wednesday

Pre-Breakfast: banana
    Breakfast: hexb porridge, splash milk
    Lunch out: leek & potato soup, nice bread toasted, tomato & chilli gnocchi (oily)with halloumi, small slice lemon balm and ginger cheesecake (oops)
    Dinner: frittata (with mushroom, red onion, and leftover potato, turnip and Brussels sprouts), ML vanilla 7 choc sprinkle yogurt with raspberries
    Snacks: hexa cheese and grapes

Syns used: all + Syns saved: 0 Syns carried forward: 14 ½
    Syns balance: 0

Back to being careful tomorrow.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Ooooh turn your back for a couple of days and miss the congratulations. Thanks everyone :)

I need to keep on the straight and narrow just booked a cruise for April
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • BettyBoof
    BettyBoof Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Congrats on SOTW, duchy, great work.

Welcome back Lush, I'm so glad your day and familymoon was so lovely.

Well done Beanie on being at target!

I'm just catching up with everyone's news as I've not been online much this week.

I've been super-good this week and my home scales show I have STS - arrgghh! Weigh-in in Saturday so not sure I've got time to drop any before then. So annoying.
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning, this hopefully will be my menu for today...

Breakfast.. Bran flakes. A/B Frozen raspberries.

Lunch.. 1 oz of cheese A 1 egg on toast 6 Syns lettuce tomatoes. Melon

Dinner. Fish, B s/w chips peas and carrots. Lemon. Apple

Extra 2 Rivita 3 Syns crisps 5 Syns f f yoghurt.
    14 Syns.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Thank you Shala & no need to aplogise.
    Thank you as always for all your hard work.
    Appreciated by me & by the others.

Definitely!!:T:T:T
    Welcome back lush, so glad you had a great time and you looked stunning on your wedding day :T

I don't do FB so I didn't get to see the photos.:(:(:(

I went to WI this morning, had a 2.5 lbs. gain and I'm above target range.:eek:
    Having had a while to think about it, that's 2.5 over the 7 weeks since I last went to WI so hardly a disaster BUT....

It's spurred me on to have a really good week coming up. So definitely no chocolate and all my syn free/low syn favourites will be on next week's meal plan. My next meal out is next Thursday so fits in beautifully. I've prepped tonight's dinner and the hash doesn't have my usual tweaks of cheese and chorizo so that's a start.

I went to the new group this morning and there were a few other fugitives from my old one as the morning WI suits us better. The consultant is very different from my old one so I think I'll like it. They had Christmas tasting with the last minute cake too lois. I didn't taste it but it reminded me of bread pudding to look at, very moist and smelled lovely.

I picked up the new magazine too but I'm only just reading last month's. Has anyone tried the beef chow mein? The only ingredients I don't have are oyster sauce and cider vinegar. I'm happy to buy some in but wondered whether red or white vinegar would be just as good. Anyone tried the recipe or have chow mein recipe to recommend?

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Puffed Wheat, HEA milk
    L: JP with cottage cheese and pickles
    D: Austrian ham hash, cauli and broccoli
    Syns: None!!!
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lois_Lane wrote: »
    Our consultant did a Christmas cake from the new festive book, which you can get free with a 12 week countdown. She called it a last minute Christmas cake and the raffle prize was the ingredients for it, which included a butternut squash. It was absolutely delicious. The recipe makes 20 slices at 5 Syns per slice.

Thanks Lois, I forgot about the book, did you try the cake, was it nice?

I'm going to try and buy a countdown voucher tonight so I can get a free book. My current countdown doesn't run out till mid-December.

I think the syns from our xmas cake comes from tub of cherries I end up eating as I'm making it and the copious amount of brandy I feed it with :rotfl:
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure